Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was part of a pretty cool "classic progression" guild on the test server.. we just progressed classicaly..didn't use mercs or defiant gear..and went expansion to expansion..it was a lot of fun

no the mechanics weren't 100% classic, but playing that way was pretty much the precursor that lead me to p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think all of these classic type servers and experiences have merit, and good times can be had..
I think I was in the same guild (or maybe the precursor, depending on which one you were in). I started in Remnants of Kunark which changed shortly thereafter to Unintended Consequences. When UC petered out I was in Intended Consequences very briefly but just didn't have it in me to do it again (but I remade my IC character on P99!).
Old 05-10-2017, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

I'm 3-boxing right now on EQ Live.. You guys should see the person next to me, he's going NUTS that I am boxing a group of my own, telling me how it ruins the game and that I should just play a single player offline game instead lmao.

Oh, wait.... he doesn't care.. He's boxing as well, worrying about his own self, not some made up issue that fantasy nerds think they care about.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Remind me off those other box servers... maybe EZ? Where you play 2 groups i eventually realized i would rather just play 1toon and enjoy it. I think it's why p99 is so successful. In a way they force you to group and enjoy the journey more...

But then the idea of 12 mage pets hitting a red Hadden in open world does sound fun for the first few times lol.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 05-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm 3-boxing right now on EQ Live.. You guys should see the person next to me, he's going NUTS that I am boxing a group of my own, telling me how it ruins the game and that I should just play a single player offline game instead lmao.

Oh, wait.... he doesn't care.. He's boxing as well, worrying about his own self, not some made up issue that fantasy nerds think they care about.

So everyone is boxing confirmed?

This is suppose to make me want to play there?

What "made up" issues are you talking about? The fact you just confirmed most people are boxing?

If you're gonna box, just play alone, on a server with just yourself, you are basically already doing that as far as I see it, so why not just go all the way?

Oh, right, cause you want people to see your epic pixels and think you're someone cool right? Shame you cheated to get those pixels, as does apparently everyone else.

You folks need to make your own server, so you can 6-box all night, every night, by yourself, instead of ruining the game for others because you lack the ability to group with others.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think reasonable people might disagree with your definition of "rampant problem."
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or you could just have a massively skewed and irrational view of what constitutes a problem in the first place. It would appear that anyone playing the game differently than your narrow interpretation of how it should be played is a problem. Just shut the fuck up with your whiney bullshit already. You don't play on Phinny so your speculation is about as meaningful as my speculation on the daily life of pacific island headhunters.
So either every reasonable person agrees with your crazy little rant, OR reasonable people can disagree. I wonder which it is ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing 13 characters on 13 different laptops would be a huge pain in the ass. But it's DEFINITELY not harder than trying to stay awake as you press your CH macro every 2-3 minutes. Definitely not harder than that, cuz p99 is the pinnacle of EQ difficulty, and anyone who leaves just can't hack it.
Lol agreed. Im not saying it's a difficulty thing, and I don't necessarily have a problem with people playing there. I just want to know why you would want to play an online game if you'd rather just box with yourself?
Old 05-10-2017, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*browses assorted lenses on Amazon*
Should buy an aactual camera over that iPhone with clip on lenses. My film and dsls own your Apple products
Old 05-10-2017, 06:03 PM
Sarnak

All of the threads being merged together has confused my tiny brain.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So everyone is boxing confirmed?

This is suppose to make me want to play there?

What "made up" issues are you talking about? The fact you just confirmed most people are boxing?

If you're gonna box, just play alone, on a server with just yourself, you are basically already doing that as far as I see it, so why not just go all the way?

Oh, right, cause you want people to see your epic pixels and think you're someone cool right? Shame you cheated to get those pixels, as does apparently everyone else.

You folks need to make your own server, so you can 6-box all night, every night, by yourself, instead of ruining the game for others because you lack the ability to group with others.
Why do you care so much about other peoples pixels? What part of Agnarr not allowing 2boxing don't you understand? Plus it's instanced, so who fukking cares. 100+ Lord Naggy's will easily be slain in any given week, you realize that right? So please tell me more about how boxing will hurt the server LOL.

The only ones boxing are going full neckbeard mode using multiple laptops and shit which will be hardly anyone. Like I said, made up issue by nerds that don't even play progression servers.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

The hatred of boxing, on an instanced server with pick zones and instanced raids generally comes down to someone thinking they'll be left out if they don't box. You won't. Trust me.

Especially if you grab a few of your friends currently on P99 who are raging about not being able to get Fungi camp 7 years later or not being able to experience a Dozekar or Vulak raid. Get them to roll some toons with you on Agnarr and you've got yourself a classic EQ party. You'll be in LGuk doing big things in no time.
Closed Thread