Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It kind of happened right in this thread. A guide replied with a comment to try and help clarify the rules and accidentally opened the door to what was said being interpreted wrongly.
Right, but a few points:
  • the forum and the server aren't the same; a big part of why I think improving the rules page would be valuable is specifically to help non-ForumQuestors
  • presumably a planned and well-written rules page would be less confusing than a guide saying things "off the cuff"
  • this whole thread could have been avoided entirely if OP had known the rules better (as proof I'd suggest that if it was you in OP's position you wouldn't have made this thread)
Rules lawyers exist. They will try to bend rules to their favor. Neither of those facts preclude making the rules known to the server on a rules page.

But look if you really truly want to argue that we should keep rules like "if you have two camps and someone wants one you have to pick one" or "the first person to engage a non-camped mob gets it, and 'engaged' means _____" as dark secrets that only the ForumQuesting elite know to protect our guides/GMs... well then I'm not sure anything I could say could convince you.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-15-2017 at 08:22 PM..
Old 03-15-2017, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, but a few points:

But look if you really truly want to argue that we should keep rules like "if you have two camps and someone wants one you have to pick one" or "the first person to engage a non-camped mob gets it, and 'engaged' means _____" as dark secrets that only the ForumQuesting elite know to protect our guides/GMs... well then I'm not sure anything I could say could convince you.
I didn't argue in favor of that. I already said that basic rule principles, like the ones listed above, could be better organized in the wiki or a rules page, etc.
Last edited by fastboy21; 03-15-2017 at 09:31 PM..
Old 03-15-2017, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

I repeat this as my mantra:

"Your reputation is the easiest thing to maintain, and the hardest to repair."

Do with that what you will.

-Mcoy (Rodcet Nife)
Old 03-15-2017, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

The easy solution here if someone tries to do this in the future is sit right on top of the spawn. SF should aggro a sitting PC before a pet as far as I know.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because it is a loaded question.

Some fool is going to misunderstand/interpret the "stated" rule, play rule lawyer, and go and sit in the middle of somebody's camp in KC and claim that he can take any single spawn in the game if he is willing to sit there.

If everyone knew and abided by all the rules, as you put it, then the server would be a better place. Welcome to reality where some folks (jerks) read the rules through the lens of what is good for them and ignore the obvious: that this is a game and you already know how to play nice.

I can already see someone "camping" a single warlord spawn in the well room. LCY will say it is their camp. The newly armed rules lawyer will then make KC the wonderful place it already is on a daily basis...
u sound rustled but it was a simple question really. i asked because what you said actually DID happen to my group at one point in my lvlin career. a Monk fd'd at warlord room near well, camping one spawn point. nothing a low lvl group can do it about it wit the rules as they are.. or when no gms are around to enforce "play nicely". sometimes hard and fast rules should be put in place "Per zone"? IDK i don't level in there anymore but it'd be nice to know new players wont have to go through a bunch of unwanted situations when all they really want to do is to enjoy the game
Old 03-16-2017, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Why would a single monk camping a single spawn in KC be such a disaster anyway?

As far a I can tell the culture in KC is that the spawns in your groups room is yours, everything else is more or less FFA.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:10 AM
Fire Giant

98% of all camp disputes involve Mages and Shamans. Both of which live on seafury island. You go there, you will have a bad time. It's Karnor's Castle for the anti-social.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
98% of all camp disputes involve Mages and Shamans. Both of which live on seafury island. You go there, you will have a bad time. It's Karnor's Castle for the anti-social.
We just have to be thankful gnomes can't be shamans; that would be game, set & match.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bolded is hilariously true. I never thought about it like that.

I didn't read through 9 pages of this, but anyone have the Mages name? I like to keep an eye out for asshats.
Closed Thread