Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

That's the risk you take when recharging. If someone comes and steals your larrikans mask you need to do something different. GMs don't need to hold our hands on everything.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recharging is an exploit in itself, so I don't see how exploiting an exploit is inherently wrong.
Most assholes don't.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:55 AM
Banned

Can't be banned for buying items off a merchant ya morans!
Old 03-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't be banned for buying items off a merchant ya morans!
It's a private server. You have no rights here. You can be banned for whatever they feel is a bannable offense. People tend to forget it's a priveledge not a right to play here.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most assholes don't.
Then in that case it's a personal moral issue, rather than an inherent, objective exploit. Not saying it's right, but robbing a bank robber leads to deeper moral issues and that's the case here. Exploiting exploiters kind of limits sympathy.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then in that case it's a personal moral issue, rather than an inherent, objective exploit. Not saying it's right, but robbing a bank robber leads to deeper moral issues and that's the case here. Exploiting exploiters kind of limits sympathy.
Cool. Whatever makes you sleep at night. GMs will see it as purposefully disrupting and harassing players. That's all that matters. Not what rule lawyering you try to do.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

There will be so many packets.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool. Whatever makes you sleep at night. GMs will see it as purposefully disrupting and harassing players. That's all that matters. Not what rule lawyering you try to do.
Again, it's already been determined that they don't. And it seems a bit presumptuous to speak on behalf of GMs don't you think?
Old 03-11-2017, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

The other day I had to look up a phrase I saw on the forums, 'Indian Giver'. Not being American myself, I was not familiar with the phrase. From my British upbringing I had to assume it was something to do with delicious curry!

Would one giving ownership of an item to a merchant and still believing one had ownership of that item be an example of indian giving?
Old 03-11-2017, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Leveling a druid to 19 is a joke. I use mine and an alt to recharge nets and other items with a very remote and unused merchant (there are many of these in the game) with them being unguilded, and anon. Gems are used to fund the transaction, so I lose a few plat but I gain total security in getting the job done.

It amazes me that 'top end' guilds don't do something similar and just take shit for granted, like no one would ever fuck with them. It's a delusional sense of entitlement I guess.
Closed Thread