Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygicmeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kavruul's and Treasure Hunter`s Satchel are a great way to sit on 22,000 worth of plat to save 1.2 weight. I wouldn't even use on a monk unless I was a bajillionaire and I def wouldn't use on any other classes.

I really love tink and weight reducing bags, to the point that I had an alt with a tink bag holding 2 pounds of stuff while that char was 50 pounds under weight limit. I did a serious bag check on my chars and got rid of a few high end bags and replaced some tinks.

If you're carrying a ton of end game or raid mats I think some tinks are good, if you're gonna be farming a lot tinks are good to load up before you sell. Beyond those bags don't be afraid to use a non-weight reducing Deluxe Toolbox https://wiki.project1999.com/Deluxe_Toolbox or free Wenglawks Manly Purse https://wiki.project1999.com/Wenglawks_Manly_Purse or cheaper 60%-70% WR 8 slot bags.

good luck!
Old 03-01-2017, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Just play a rogue or a large race, save money and laugh at the high elves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-01-2017, 05:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kavruul's and Treasure Hunter`s Satchel are a great way to sit on 22,000 worth of plat to save 1.2 weight.
I didn't think about that. It is sort of penny wise, pound foolish,
when you look at the price of a Kavruul's and T-hunters bags. On a Side note, WTF? 50k?

The only thing I can say is I have access to the bags for relatively
little DKP, and not a whole lot to spend it on. Also I looted the Box
of Abu Kar when I was like 30 or some such low level. I looted all
the others, why not add the last few? They call it challenges now..
I guess..Mygicmeen's bag challenge. I'm at 3/7. I guess I can go buy
a tink bag to get over 50%. I was gonna save it for last

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're carrying a ton of end game or
raid mats I think some tinks are good, if you're gonna be farming a
lot tinks are good to load up before you sell.
The whole reason I started this was because I have undertaken a
dumb amount of farming as a goal, and I was looking at how I could
get a whole extra bag worth of crap to load up on. But I didn't want
to cost myself money for the sake for farming. Also there are a shit
ton of things to be carried for raid not to mention keys. (Would kill
for a key ring.)

Also I think since I've looted or quested all my gear, this kind of fits
the bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just play a rogue or a large race, save money and laugh at the high elves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does a rogue have to do with anything?
Old 03-01-2017, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygicmeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does a rogue have to do with anything?
How much do you care about weight reduction with 255 str? For me, not so much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-02-2017, 03:42 AM
Fire Giant

Basically, sell the dragon bags for plat, buy tink bags with that plat. and don't be a monk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

The treasure hunter bag is a bit more rare than Karvuul's. So it usually goes for a bit more. but the server has been out so long now, what's really rare?
Old 03-03-2017, 08:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
took me over 10+ kills to get my first chest to drop

hes also extremely rare to spawn, but just keep clearing the entire room and enjoy your Seahorse Scale Cloaks youll get in the meantime from the patriarch.
I'd say that's super lucky. Took we over 30+ to get one, and a friend even more. Was once offered 10k for it from a KK regular as he had never seen one. Aswell as patriarch; frenzied shark is nearby for abalone gorget.

Necros - the other common drop he has http://wiki.project1999.com/Wand_of_Shadow is pretty neat. You can chain cast it and reclaim the mana back and go from oom to fm in a matter of seconds.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

hardly was lucky - those 10 spawns took an entire week of camping with each session around 3-5 hours.

The first one I got to drop I wasnt even camping the damn thing I had just popped in and he was up!

RNG will not be your friend when you go after this item, GL.

There are charges on that wand so its pretty meh and yes the frenzied shark is near but never seems to drop the gorget anymore even though it was a 'fix' in a patch year back or so. Oh well.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:59 PM
Aviak

Update: After Monday afternoon to the evening, and Tuesday and Wednesday from about 12pm-5pm, and another burst of 12-8 (doing homework killing the ph every 22 minutes) on Thursday, until finally camping it a few more times into the wee hours of this morning

Im the proud new owner of a Darkwood Treasure Chest. Looks sweet in my inventory. Only 2 more bags to go in Mygicmeen's Bag Challenge™

I got 3 ferocious hammerheads total.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Sarnak

Well imagine what 30+ is like and you get the picture. Put it this way then, some people are super unlucky; yeh like alot of camps can be ..... but wow 3 ferocious and he dropped the chest? nice, grats Mygicmeen :0)

Yes the wand has 5 charges. It's an emergency tool. oom > fm in seconds !! only ever used it once for that puropse, was years ago, cant recall what for but it made stuff happen. The other time I used it was to keep some mob or other that would eat my face distracted spamming skeles on him.

Not sure what the abalone gorget problem is, got quite a few over 2 years ago, was dropping fine back then - tho still rare.
Closed Thread