Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 04:21 PM
Large Rat

Default Are all camps like this?

So finally hit 12 as ENC and can charm. Did some research and the per leveling guide recommends minos in steamfront, and the sisters camp for being a good place to learn to charm. They are camped 24/7. I decided to just quest for the stein of Moggok and leave the leveling for later. The same damn people are there. Why are lvl 17-19 grouping to kill greens if they are even green to them (blue to me at lvl 12)? Also refusing to let me pull ONE. Does this not go against the rules on monopolizing an area? I ended up pulling a mob after the guy told me to get used to it he would be there for another two days. He immediately cried saying he would call an GM even after i said we should split the mobs. What kind of crap is this and is this going to happen the rest of the time im leveling or am i supposed to just not play when a higher level wants to monopolize an area because he has more Hp and mana. Like go fight a mob closer to your level jesus. Rant over.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdrizzt275 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So finally hit 12 as ENC and can charm. Did some research and the per leveling guide recommends minos in steamfront, and the sisters camp for being a good place to learn to charm. They are camped 24/7. I decided to just quest for the stein of Moggok and leave the leveling for later. The same damn people are there. Why are lvl 17-19 grouping to kill greens if they are even green to them (blue to me at lvl 12)? Also refusing to let me pull ONE. Does this not go against the rules on monopolizing an area? I ended up pulling a mob after the guy told me to get used to it he would be there for another two days. He immediately cried saying he would call an GM even after i said we should split the mobs. What kind of crap is this and is this going to happen the rest of the time im leveling or am i supposed to just not play when a higher level wants to monopolize an area because he has more Hp and mana. Like go fight a mob closer to your level jesus. Rant over.
That's why it's called a camp. I know it's frustrating as hell some times but that's how it is. If some one has a camp, their not obligated to split it or share it unless they fill like it. They were there first and have it broken. Just because a mob is green doesn't really matter. Some camps are for loot as in a item they drop may sell for a couple plat and makes it an easy farm spot or it may drop a specific item they need for a quest that is random. if they share with you then the loose a % of chance at getting that item to drop or even could be a great faction farming spot for their race. Either way it just boils down to first one there has the rights. If they have to leave a certain spot to pull mobs from a different spot to them then that would be contestable. It's just how it is. there are ton of spots to lvl and farm, not just the few cherry picked spots listed on leveling guides.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:40 PM
Large Rat

I have checked on sisters four times. I found them open once. I asked the people there if I could group with them but was always told no so I just moved on. The mobs being level 12 can probably be a relaxing camp up to 18 or so and the loot pretty nice. As for levels I have seen 14-18 or 19 camping it.

I tried Oasis and killed Caimans and with about a half bar of mana, level 14, I can solo them using my dot, damage shield and just melee with 1-2 of my nukes. Loot almost non existent but pretty safe since I pull next to zone line. Supposed to be good exp till low 20s and has a named that drops a chest piece.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:39 PM
Large Rat

The group claimed to report me after i started pulling a single mob, so i put a petition in game to just ask someone this question pretty much. Just wanted to let everyone here know the guide informed me the rules are different for indoor and outdoor locations. You can only claim a camp indoors like a dungeon. Outdoors like in Steamfront where i was getting so frustrated you can only claim a single spwn point for a mob the others are "FTE" which he had to explain is first to encounter. So in my case of a "camp" the guide explained the mino camp(4 spwn) by LF as follows. His group could have claimed 1 mino, i could have claimed 1, and the other two would be "FTE". Hopes this helps out others on there adventures in eq.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Kobold

I seriously doubt that a guide said that, because it's not true.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuilder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seriously doubt that a guide said that, because it's not true.
I didn't want to break his bubble.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 02-18-2017, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Kill willowisps in NK and turn in the Greater Lightstones and sell the book back to the same lady for lotsa plat and lotsa exp.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Research_Aid

Great exp and plat at that level and there's so many roaming wisps you don't have to fight people for any camps. The worst you'll see is a bard kiting a bunch of wisps, but there's wisps in other zones too. Erud's Crossing has an island full of wisps and if you exp there, there's a 99% chance you'll be the only one in the zone.

Wisps are blue until 17, the quest is good passed that.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:55 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't want to break his bubble.
really think i would waste my time writing out the reply on this forum if he didn't? dude was chill explained what a guide was to me becasuse i didnt even know. Name started with M. 90% sure its "Mendoc". You sound like the snobs that were hoarding the mobs.
Last edited by sirdrizzt275; 02-18-2017 at 11:08 PM..
Old 02-18-2017, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

At your level there are dozens of places in the game to level, both inside an outside dungeons. If someone is hogging all the spawns, try another spot. This is less of an option at higher levels but right now you are low level and one of the best solo classes, the world is your oyster. The stein goes for low money on this server and you'll quickly gather enough to buy one.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:11 PM
Large Rat

Ty for all the suggestions gonna check out the willow wisps tomorrow!
Closed Thread