Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Aviak

Default Monk PLVL Mechanic /w FD

Hello,

I've been plvling a rogue buddy (currently lvl 30) with a 56 Monk. I'm trying to work out a problem where even if I FD successfully on a mob under 20% HP, I sometimes still get the kill credit. It happens enough to where it's a little frustrating and I am unable to discern a common issue to the cause. I've been using different weapons (tstaff or AC/SoS) and wonder if the DMG proc on either has something to do with the mechanic failing (although I've had the issue when I did not have a single proc during the fight). I plan testing with no proc weapons next time. (my hand2hand sucks so I didn't try it with no weapons)

I should also note that sometimes I have a druid who helps round up mobs using ensnare only to control the mobs and feed me mobs for the plvl. (1st world problems, I know)

Part of me wonders if there is a bug/glitch where the FD doesn't always clear the DMG done aspect of the FD mechanic.

Appreciate any feedback,
Corey
Old 02-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

First you must turn auto attack off before hitting FD, second if it you get a text that says ***** has fallen to the ground, your FD failed, and you need to refeign.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Banned

You need to FD and use sneak when their back is turned to fully remove you from their agro list. Or be FD when the mob dies.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to FD and use sneak when their back is turned to fully remove you from their agro list. Or be FD when the mob dies.
I'll try mixing in sneak. Thanks for the tip.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Kobold

Mobs under level 35 you can FD an stand again and not get credit for the kill. Mobs over level 35, you need to FD and stay FD until the mob is dead, or you will get the credit for the kill.
That's why. You have probably gone from killing mobs under lev 35 and are now killing mobs over 35.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cillaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mobs under level 35 you can FD an stand again and not get credit for the kill. Mobs over level 35, you need to FD and stay FD until the mob is dead, or you will get the credit for the kill.
That's why. You have probably gone from killing mobs under lev 35 and are now killing mobs over 35.
This.

My guide has some advice on monk PLs as well as other aspects of monking.

The procs shouldn't have anything to do with it. That's still your damage, and FD should clear it if it clears everything else.

The only other thing that might be related is if you FD, then stand up, then grab aggro using disarm, then accidentally riposte without noticing it, but my money is on Cillaz' theory.

I wrote a Monk guide: Meviin's Monk Mechanics
I wrote a guide on purple links in incoming messages:
Meviin's Macros: Purple Links When Pulling

Meviin - 60 Monk (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Laylot - 21 Necromancer (Iksar) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Kozev - 12 Enchanter (High Elf) <Kittens Who Say Meow>
Closed Thread