Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 05:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right this minute

128 people on Project 2002

132 on Takproject

What numbers are you looking at ?
300 at primetime. Also Tak allows 4 boxes if one is a trader, p2002 doesn't so Tak numbers are inflated by 20-40 at most times.

I mean play on which server you like but I'm not seeing the draw of Tak over p2002.
Last edited by Widan; 01-25-2017 at 05:16 AM..
Old 01-25-2017, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

Shit take off maybe 60-70% of the pop then. Good luck to those that play, I just think on a boxing server the true pop is something of a mystery.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:31 AM
Kobold

Somehow I doubt all the traders on p2002 disappear in prime time. TAKP has around 20-25 traders up at any given time from what I see, not 40.

I'm sorry but TAKP devs refuse to go around shilling our server on every EQ Emu board we can find. If that hurts our population then so be it. I'm amazed that the other Emu moderators tolerate those threads.

Have fun on the server that can't even be bothered to parse Trakanon's max hit.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

I've tried both, TAKP first. The client just ran really poorly on my laptop, even if I was only playing one character. On p2002 I can 3-box and it's no problem. I play alone 99.9% of the time so don't really care about population numbers, but I gotta say the economy on TAKP just seemed completely non-existant to me. My trader spent days in the bazaar and I never sold a thing. That's what initially made me give p2002 a try. It has been a little better in that regard. Not much, but a little. Both servers' communities are just miles ahead of p99 at this point, though. Friendly folks abound all over. I'd say give 'em each a shot. Can't hurt unless you develop a crippling addiction to both.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:24 PM
Orc

The client is the main reason I enjoy TAKP. It is so clean and stable. Initially, I had some problems with it on my laptop but once I turned off dynamic lighting, everything ran smooth.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

I can 100% understand people being salty about the TAKP client, from a play-ability stand point titanium > takp client, easily

That said, the nostalgia from that client is overwhelming and I'm enjoying the shit out of it. TAKP is where I go to buy a lantern and roam around in first person with the EQ music turned up. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-25-2017, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruch66 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The client is the main reason I enjoy TAKP. It is so clean and stable. Initially, I had some problems with it on my laptop but once I turned off dynamic lighting, everything ran smooth.
zoning in 1 second is increible
Old 01-25-2017, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Both of the servers are box servers. Obviously you can't box an entire raid with 3, but it's nice to be able to level on your own and be able to tackle most epic and low tier stuff with 2-4 real people. Boxing isn't for everyone, but I'm sure most of us have wasted hours being lfg on p99 or waiting for people to log in to do content. If you don't mind boxing and like being able to do stuff when you actually want, try out one of these servers. And they both have good raid scenes too.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:19 PM
Orc

Can't even read newbie guild notes on p2002. Take a look at their bug forums some time, some of the shit there is asinine. Spells don't work, initial skill levels aren't right, rampage sounds broken, range weapons have unlimited z-axis...

and every official response is, "we've put it on our internal tracker and will comment on this at a later time"

lol
Old 01-25-2017, 03:00 PM
Developer

P02 is basically a brand new server. They switched to an eqemu code base and the db is basically peq, so they still have to fix stuff. So be nice to them.