Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:50 AM
Aviak

I'd disagree with the OP.

Soulbinders would be good if the server pop was around 100 and it was hard to find someone to bind you, but as it is you can't run through freeport without smacking into 30 or 40 level 14+ casters during peak hours.

/melody would lead to more bards, but would it lead to better bards? It didn't exist for like 6 or 7 years in EQ and bards got along just fine
Old 02-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghesta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/melody would lead to more bards, but would it lead to better bards? It didn't exist for like 6 or 7 years in EQ and bards got along just fine

Yeah bards got along good, but in classic they wasn't gimped on their AoE range. Since, something has been takin away it would be nice to at least make up for that huge loss.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Large Rat

/melody = most horrid thing to ever be done w/ the bard class. The class is so over powered it's rediculous. Having them as "special gems" should be just that. Why taint something so special w/ auto play. /melody is 1 step shy of not even playing the class.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Booo on Melody.

Mythoxxus does his deal just fine. Bards arent that bugged if you can level them up, because once they stop failing songs and "fizzling" they become much easier to play, so i've heard.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. No. Relatively low population? We're regularly hitting 500+ and it seems half of them are druids. I haven't had many problems getting a bind for my alts.

2. No. I like the rush of knowing my bag of twink gear may be gone cuz some stealthy rogue snuck into my little safe spot with me. That's classic.

3. No. Real men twist. Else there's 50 bajillion half-assed bards running around. (I never could twist, dammit. Hurts my old, arthritic fingers.) And it DOES separate the good bards from the wannabes.
full ack!

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 02-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

The funny thing about EQ bards and their combat system:

It probably requires less button spamming than regular combat in most any newer MMOG.

(actually, the annoying spamminess of newer games is partly why I'm here)

Danth
Old 02-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The funny thing about EQ bards and their combat system:
It probably requires less button spamming than regular combat in most any newer MMOG.
QFT
Old 02-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hi!

I'm Wigglepoo. I'm new! I'm a gnome! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was in Kelethin today tryin' to get a bind and no one could hewp me. I was so sad!

I did a /who and there were 'bout 20 or so folks in zone and all but one was exceptionally small (level-small, not like gnome-small) and the one other person was anonymous.

I sat there for what seemed like MONTHS and finally went and played my li'l mage Wiggleypoo who was bound earlier by a very nice enchanter lady person. Wiggleypoo is also a gnome! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you for reading my message to you. Soulbinders please, though if I don't get 'em I won't cry 'cause cryin' isn't going to solve anything n'stuff.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Aviak

Actually, the way i would transfer items between chars on EQ Mac (which goes up to PoP btw) was to put them in something like a forge or brew barrel while i logged in another char. Should make it so items you put in there stay when you close the container.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Large Rat

Here's all I want.

1. Raid window
2. Guild window
Closed Thread