Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleLegit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does one level a melee on red with a pop of 50
Solo Najena 10-35, sol A to 39 then solb from 40. Did it on a half elf warrior in Raw hide, using combine weapons most of the way too.

Bandage in combat trick goes a long way.

Dunno if possible with a rogue though. I guess you just gotta form a crew before you come over.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And strangely all this could be avoided by having GM enforced rotations - almost no staff involvement necessary. You put your name on the list, it gets posted on forums. If a guild is not up for the mob / zone and they take it they can't really argue it was a mistake...

So why is this not happening? Rotations and lists were classic... makes you wonder what's going on.
When I stopped playing 2 years ago there was some semblance rotations between guilds. What happened to that? I remember us having a "shot" at a raid target every like 4th spawn or something.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlvarex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I stopped playing 2 years ago there was some semblance rotations between guilds. What happened to that? I remember us having a "shot" at a raid target every like 4th spawn or something.
I took a long break, when I came back the rotation system was gone. I heard, and am stressing heard as I've not looked into it. That Chest and BDA decided to not follow the rotation anymore and began just camping raid mobs and getting FTE, since the rotation system, as far as I knew was setup by the players, it had no GM enforcement and other guilds were forced to began racing for mobs as well or lose out to BDA every time.

Again, that's just what I heard.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I took a long break, when I came back the rotation system was gone. I heard, and am stressing heard as I've not looked into it. That Chest and BDA decided to not follow the rotation anymore and began just camping raid mobs and getting FTE, since the rotation system, as far as I knew was setup by the players, it had no GM enforcement and other guilds were forced to began racing for mobs as well or lose out to BDA every time.

Again, that's just what I heard.
The Swish spin did its job then.

The class system was hard-coded into the server, the only 'official' rotation was between class C and class R guilds. If you were class C you could only kill class C mobs and FFA mobs. Class R guilds could only kill Class R mobs and ffa mobs, or they would become class C. Class R guilds had lockouts. If they killed an R mob, they could not kill another R mob for 2 more R cycles, which was effectively 9 weeks later. Class C had no such lockouts.

If a mob was left up for 6 hours in either class, it would go FFA.

The player agreement was with splitting up those R mobs between multiple guilds. You could guess that having a dozen guilds rotating every 3rd spawn made things contentious about who should be allowed into the rotation and the conditions they needed to meet to stay in the rotation (very important because of the 6 hour rule and so few mobs to rotate in the first place -- if a guild in the rotation couldn't kill their mob, it would go ffa and quite likely to a C guild).

Despite what Swish would have you believe, BDA was not the only guild unhappy with the player made rotation, it was just that BDA was the guild leading the negotiations for change. That's the short of it. I won't get into the politics of it since there's years of RnF you can read up on to get everyone's side of it, just put Swish on ignore if you want to see the facts from both sides of the argument.

Edit: The C/R/F coding was removed with the launch of Velious, presumably because more mobs meant more guilds would have more chances without the need to rotate anything. We can see how that's working out...
Last edited by Ravager; 12-28-2016 at 06:26 PM..
Old 12-28-2016, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

you cant truly appreciate how far the server has come from the IB/TMO/VD days unless you were there. We were in the Dark Ages. We've moved on and are now in the Enlightenment. I don't expect the raid scene to progress past where are are currently until the population is back down around 500 at peak and there is only enough people who want to raid to satisfy the needs of 1 guild.

All that said. Raiding on P99 Blue sucks. It's a huge time investment compared to most games, and most iterations of this game. Now that there isnt enough of a population on red for pvp, raiding red might be the most authentic version of PvE EQ you will find. I'm just not willing to start over.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-28-2016, 06:59 PM
Fire Giant

For those saying the current raid scene doesn't replicate classic -- when this has been brought up in the past the returned argument is that this raid scene *does* emulate classic. It's just it emulates the servers that had the "best" raiding guilds who were always the first to complete content.

For example on Tunare EC tunnel was a wasteland -- we did all our trading in Greater Faydark (GFay). There also was, to my recollection, a rotation for raid targets amongst the top guilds. But that wasn't true for all servers and some of them were reported to be very cutthroat. P99 is emulating that cutthroat server because the effort to make it "nicer" would be fairly immense.
Old 12-28-2016, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
u got 2 choices here folks.

choice 1: read all the above garbage.

choice 2: ignore garbage and accept the common belief that bda destroyed rotation

i'm not saying he's wrong, but is it right to ask people to cultivate a finer understanding of what happened on p99 elf box political raid dramas? i'd rather have a scapegoat
Fair enough.

Incidentally, http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=261345 is one of BDA's plots too.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 39 cap, Faydwer only. I'd like this.
39 works.

The entire world! Velious also! ((Though ideally is it would be progression))

There is a lot of really nice equipment out there then that people could get to still compete against high level monsters....but the challenge level is WAY higher.

So no more single shaman killing a raid monster like lodi or a guild finding all the content in the game so trivial that they clear PoF, then ToV, then a handful of dragons all in an afternoon....

With a lower level cap, suddenly simple stuff like camping a fungi tunic becomes a raid encounter on the level of killing a dragon or doing an epic today. There would still be nice equipment, just it wouldn't be camped by a single bored necro.

Tactics would also have to change drastically....more reliance on pet classes (disposable tanks) and unconventional stuff (like hate-kiting to kill stuff, or using more kiters to crowd control since hard CC wouldn't work anymore....or using "lesser pet classes" to crowd control, like a couple shamans and their pets fighting something on the side while the main force fights the other stuff).

Oh it would be so good!! The game would actually be a challenge again! Instead of mindless exp grinds and mindless poopsocking raid targets :P
Old 12-29-2016, 06:50 AM
Planar Protector

Probably not. The cheesy tactics to kill things would just drop down to level 50ish mobs and most of it would just be undoable since the mobs would be regenning faster than the players can hurt them.

Classic EQ is just a poorly designed game, but nobody wants to admit it. The only way to balance things is to actually balance them, which means nerfs across the board, finetune the content and add custom content, but that's not the aim of this project.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
u got 2 choices here folks.

choice 1: read all the above garbage.

choice 2: ignore garbage and accept the common belief that bda destroyed rotation

i'm not saying he's wrong, but is it right to ask people to cultivate a finer understanding of what happened on p99 elf box political raid dramas? i'd rather have a scapegoat
Are you arguing that BDA didn't dissolve the rotation? That they didn't just want more fenced off Class R mobs for themselves..., while trying to blame the rotation collapse on Divinity? Interesting.

"where are they now" tho? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread