Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Banned

Levelling a druid if you like to solo in kunark is great. The outdoor zones all have animals in them, you can charm stuff alot and do great.

low 30s to 40 you can do it in the overthere.. The rhino's are AMAZING pets, and charm works really really well on them, as well as tigers/tigeresses

low 40s ish, dreadlands is also great. You can charm the spiders and use them as your pet.

both zones are outdoors, and are just really good for kiting as well. I would stay very far away from skyfire, Gnar is abs right, the drakes there dispell you constantly and its really annoying. It is however good in the top corner above overthere, there are alot more wurms and wyverns there, and very few drakes. the exp is horrible in skyfire tho, considering the huge amount of hp mobs have. I wouldnt suggest going there until 53+ when you have winged death, and even then personally I wouldn't go there to exp unless farming spells.

Anymore questions you have about levelling in kunark as a druid I can help ya out
Old 03-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

beta
Old 03-24-2011, 02:16 AM
Planar Protector

why hate on me bubbles, im just trying to help someone, dont have to ignorantly accuse someone of being a idiot, which i am not, if you really saw me when i was playing my shaman, i always helped out people, i even states i didnt play much in kunark (era i did was when i came back in pop time, and did some lvling with my rog in these areas i stated) shit....

anyways tralina, youll find groups easily for 50+ and hit 60 in no time....
Old 03-24-2011, 03:09 AM
Fire Giant

Yea, the first few levels into 50 can go a bit quicker because it will be less camped now and classic mobs have a shit ton less HPs.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

bubbles makes me hard
Old 03-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there something similar to the EC tunnel where I can idle all day while people run past me in awe of my existence?
This made me lol 3 times ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's better to duo with someone else who doesn't know........................... mage
Tralina, be mine?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Kobold

Aww c'mon...trolling for attention in Server Chat now?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Kobold

Hopefully the spell resist issue will be fixed the same day as release.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hail, P99.

My name is Tralina and I while I am very excited for the Kunarks to come out this week, I have a small problem.

You see, I was just a wee baby when Everquest first came out. While I ran around the world of Norrath for a short amount of time (Before my brother booted me off his account), I never made it to the Kunark era. My classic EQ knowledge was limited, but somewhat existent. This is not so true for the Kunarks. I am a druid of the 50th level, LF level 60. AND HERE IS WHERE MY PROBLEM LIES. What zones does one go to at level 50? How successful will my guild <Rants & Flames> be, with the limited roster I have? Where do I buy my spells? Why don't iksar females have tits? When can I start poopsocking? Do I need to poopsock to get my epic? Do druids get rad spells in Kunark? How the balls do you even get to the Kunarks? Are there bixies in the Kunarks? Is there something similar to the EC tunnel where I can idle all day while people run past me in awe of my existence? Are paladins cool in the Kunarks? I have one of those.

SOMEONE HOLD MY HAND THRU THE KUNARKS, I NEED HELP.
Awesome post. You made me smile. Except for reminding me I'm decades older than you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As you're a Druid, I'd say explore, explore, explore. The zones are huge, interesting, and there's a lot of them. I was a 49 troll warrior when Kunark first came out (chanter this time) and I went running everywhere with just my jboots, but I actually dinged 50 in a Sol B group a few days later, as there were suddenly XP groups galore. Old world zones like Sol B and LGuk are still good for XP from blues 51-52-ish (and then solo - eventually I could solo my way right through to Naggy).

Karnor's Castle (notorious for trains) will probably be great for XP groups, but it depends on the crowds. There are a lot of animals for druidy soloing in zones like Emerald Jungle and The Overthere. I found things tended to hit a lot harder in Kunark at first though, so beware. You're used to blue cons that are a few levels lower than you, and now you're fighting blue cons that are level 48-50.

Re your guild, what you'll want for the next few weeks/months is a regular group. A cool clique that meets regularly to do dungeons for XP. So if you've got a small guild, they'll probably divide up into even smaller groups for a while. Some people may get left out and feel offended, but in the long term everybody learns to work better together against harder mobs and it's good for the guild.

People will want to do Old Sebilis right away (probably the nicest long-term XP group dungeon in Kunark), but from memory it's not a good idea until 52+. But speaking of memory, I quit EQ in 2002 so I'm seriously rusty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5. wtf is poopsocking
The hopefully mythical practice of playing/grinding XP so hardcore that you don't leave your chair, even to... Instead, you... um, a sock is involved.
Last edited by Tale; 03-24-2011 at 08:53 AM..
Old 03-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Kobold

Quad raptors in Timorous deep til 56 iirc. And yes, explore. Btw druids are super useful at stopping the rain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]