Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

I will just leave this here

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...t=zone+pulling

We had a discussion about this over a year ago before Velious was released and the issue could have been solved before the release. It was ignored and here we are - BTW - we ( Awakened) tried to pull dragons as much as possible to LTK or those entrance cubbies but like Dald points out some dragons gate and pushing around those corners just isnt that straight forward with super big dragon models. The only mobs that should be pulled to the zone in are Vulak, LTK, Cekenar and Feshlak as those are the only dragons that gate, interrupting a CH on like Jorr or Gozz is much more trivial as the spell is a longer cast and you dont need the contsant movement like you do to stop a gate

if this is something that devs feel should be disallowed maybe a compromise could be reached so the server understands that unless one of the gating dragons is engaged, the zone in is typically safe. asking guilds to not utilize a great spot though is a bit of a reach especially when we are talking about very rare chances that zoning into tov can kill you.

I am confused though, why does Temple Veeshan have to be safe again? Its a top end raid zone not really a Day care center to drop kids off to afk.
Last edited by Erati; 11-08-2016 at 07:24 PM..
Old 11-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guild leader summit was called as a result of training to ToV ent. We clearly could have fixed this by also moving the racing line up to the stairs. /s

There is no reason every guild cannot just pull to one of the two cubbies past entrance. It has been proven that gating mobs can be pushed there.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=234635
Old 11-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am confused though, why does Temple Veeshan have to be safe again? Its a top end raid zone not really a Day care center to drop kids off to afk.
fwiw, it's a quest hub for dragon faction people as well.

when I got dubious with CoV on live during this era I zoned into ToV just to check it out. being live, nobody was there and I was able to look around to my heart's content, at least until I stepped into NToV and saw the scowling guardians.

still, shit's classic.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 11-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fwiw, it's a quest hub for dragon faction people as well.

when I got dubious with CoV on live during this era I zoned into ToV just to check it out. being live, nobody was there and I was able to look around to my heart's content, at least until I stepped into NToV and saw the scowling guardians.

still, shit's classic.
the zone in is not a quest hub - in fact the only quests in the zone involve poopsocking the named dragons in WTOV after killing the highly contested Doze in East.

I guess Halls of Testing is what you mean and guilds do typically gather at the ent to COTH in but raid guilds consistently warn the zone whenever pulls are happening so if its straggling members that join your HoT raids late part of this issue, those players are just not being informed by their own guildies about what is occurring already in the raid zone. Pulling in ToV has become much more clearly communicated and safer since the summit. We didnt even announce pulls in the past but now everytime a dragon moves somewhere, its announced to the zone.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the zone in is not a quest hub - in fact the only quests in the zone involve poopsocking the named dragons in WTOV after killing the highly contested Doze in East.

I guess Halls of Testing is what you mean and guilds do typically gather at the ent to COTH in but raid guilds consistently warn the zone whenever pulls are happening so if its straggling members that join your HoT raids late part of this issue, those players are just not being informed by their own guildies about what is occurring already in the raid zone. Pulling in ToV has become much more clearly communicated and safer since the summit. We didnt even announce pulls in the past but now everytime a dragon moves somewhere, its announced to the zone.
correct that the zone in isn't a quest hub, but the zone is - you have to walk through the zone in to get to the WToV dragons after all. =)

anyway these things are both fine, either going to wtov dragons to talk or etov dragons to kill, as long as you aren't getting nuked at the zone in by people who have pulled dragons to entrance, which is why it was banned on live.

yes you could do due diligence or w/e, most of the top end guilds are surely spying on the others anyway. this would be a change that helps casuals that just want to poke around, maybe little groups that want to kill drakes in the cubbies, etc.

someone said awhile back that everyone would adjust if they changed it. I agree, everyone would. that's why it's so puzzling there's such resistance to the concept.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Fire Giant

fix binding rules in TOV, make p99 classic again
Old 11-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nate makes some terrible posts but I just wanted to point out the /s at the end of his first sentence

But sure, lets go back to talking about how you want the entire server to change the way they operate just so you can continue pulling to zone in
Old 11-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
correct that the zone in isn't a quest hub, but the zone is - you have to walk through the zone in to get to the WToV dragons after all. =)

anyway these things are both fine, either going to wtov dragons to talk or etov dragons to kill, as long as you aren't getting nuked at the zone in by people who have pulled dragons to entrance, which is why it was banned on live.

yes you could do due diligence or w/e, most of the top end guilds are surely spying on the others anyway. this would be a change that helps casuals that just want to poke around, maybe little groups that want to kill drakes in the cubbies, etc.

someone said awhile back that everyone would adjust if they changed it. I agree, everyone would. that's why it's so puzzling there's such resistance to the concept.
Exactly which TOV quests are you doing without also raiding in TOV? Please provide proof of the claim that it was banned on live. A statement like that should be easy to prove with the GM ruling that it was banned. Im sorry that your day was ruined and you couldn't go talk to gozz about a quest you can't hope to complete. But please blame it on the raiding scene and not the fact that you refuse to be a part of it.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Fire Giant

also feel the need to point out this choice quote from Pint which has never been honored, despite Detoxx trying to hold Breaken to literally every word he posts on these forums:

Quote:
If we wipe at the zone in then we will concede the mob if it kills your fte team as a result.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=31
Old 11-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly which TOV quests are you doing without also raiding in TOV? Please provide proof of the claim that it was banned on live. A statement like that should be easy to prove with the GM ruling that it was banned. Im sorry that your day was ruined and you couldn't go talk to gozz about a quest you can't hope to complete. But please blame it on the raiding scene and not the fact that you refuse to be a part of it.
I think I'm too young to be talking to you on a school night.
Closed Thread