Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Sarnak

http://wiki.project1999.com/Kalkar_of_the_Maelstrom

Lots of great loot up in NToV that drops off uncontested flurry drakes. It's hard to take the "We would totally do classic dungeon crawls if it weren't for all the neckbeards" seriously when casual guilds decide to pull these to the exit just like any other dragon spawn.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

lol, who would have ever thought people would raid at the entrance to a raiding zone.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 11-08-2016, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This kinda silly merkk. You are arguing to stop wasting real life time by spending 10-15x more time to down a single target.

The different play style / interest argument makes sense, but arguing that spending more time to kill something is somehow virtuous or saving people time in RL is silly ^^
perhaps i got it twisted but its all silly sir

there are the min maxers who want it dead asap for chances at another spawn and those who will clear it once and never log back in. i dont think rooting or making pulling to zone in illegal are either of the solutions tho. im all for less rules and less wasted time. i do think clearing would be alot worse of a nightmare than what we're experiencing now.

how about no rules..
Old 11-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Kobold

perma rooting mobs would probably just mean well timed trains to move the entire raid. everyone still left at entrance will just get coth'd up. i dont think you guys understand that some people will just create new strategies and you didn't think this through at all.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
perhaps i got it twisted but its all silly sir

there are the min maxers who want it dead asap for chances at another spawn and those who will clear it once and never log back in. i dont think rooting or making pulling to zone in illegal are either of the solutions tho. im all for less rules and less wasted time. i do think clearing would be alot worse of a nightmare than what we're experiencing now.

how about no rules..
lol ^^ Sure, no rules could be wildly entertaining so long as it was genuinely no rules :3 I don't know how much time anyone would save that route either, but it would be fun to participate in ^^
Old 11-08-2016, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
perma rooting mobs would probably just mean well timed trains to move the entire raid. everyone still left at entrance will just get coth'd up. i dont think you guys understand that some people will just create new strategies and you didn't think this through at all.
of course they will get coth'd up and they will be forced to find some new cubby or whatever, but at least they won't be at the zoneline.

that's part of the frustration here. it's an easy enough fix and they would adjust readily to it. and yet here we are.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 11-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it is more of an issue that to become top of the food chain, one must adopt this strategy, so Ella is correct. If no CSG guild adopts this mindset, it will not become top guild. Right or wrong.
This is correct.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
of course they will get coth'd up and they will be forced to find some new cubby or whatever, but at least they won't be at the zoneline.

that's part of the frustration here. it's an easy enough fix and they would adjust readily to it. and yet here we are.
so you zone into a raid zone by yourself without doing any research on said zone? seems pretty ignorant to me. before i even zone into western wastes i'm whoing the zone and making sure Cargalia isn't at the entrance of sg and that isn't even the top end scary raid zone dungeon.
Last edited by snead; 11-08-2016 at 05:57 PM..
Old 11-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so you're zone into a raid zone by yourself without doing any research on said zone? seems pretty ignorant to me. before i even zone into western wastes i'm whoing the zone and making sure Cargalia isn't at the entrance of sg and that isn't even the top end scary raid zone dungeon.
yes, and I'm sure you have an alt parked inside tov in case they are all on /anon, along with moles in all the top guilds, etc. you're a good man, and thorough.

or maybe just ignorant of how much work it is, with plenty of free time on your hands. something.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 11-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, because raid guilds go anon in tov all the time....