Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

Default The frustration of genius (or the illusion thereof)

A human's intelligence is not the sum of their existence. There are qualities other than raw computational power that encompass your existence as a child of God. I don't even believe it would make one especial.

I don't even know if I am. All I know is I think about things no one else seems to, or very few people for that matter. I worry at problems that are supposedly unsolvable. Their allure is too much for me. I see things that are not apparent to others. Even when I do get others to see what I'm talking about they don't understand why it might be important. Nor how it relates to everything.

I don't even give myself credit for most of it, if I am this thing then it was only by the leave of God -- him whom all credit goes. I don't invent anything, I didn't create any of this. I feel like I'm seeing the patterns left there for us to figure out. Using tools left to me, climbing upon great heaps of bone to reach new heights.

I am hungry. My pride is ravenous for recognition. I would be the greatest of men, I would conquer ideas and paradigms. I would recreate the world in an image pleasing to myself.

In my head I say "do you know who I am?" when I really mean, "do you know who I will be?"

I follow paths, some that end. Some I can't see where they lead. I see paths. I am a hunter, I follow trails. I see trails others can't see, signs others miss. A hunter of men, I hunt myself. I follow trails of future versions of myself.

Perhaps it is folly, perhaps this isn't my place.

Maybe I am an arrogant fool chasing illusions of my own creation.

It is a powerful loneliness,
I retreat, I retreat.

I starve.

I hunger for your hunger. I too sing songs in the dark.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Holy shit I didn't read any of that.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 10-13-2016, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even know if I am. All I know is I think about things no one else seems to, or very few people for that matter. I worry at problems that are supposedly unsolvable. Their allure is too much for me. I see things that are not apparent to others. Even when I do get others to see what I'm talking about they don't understand why it might be important. Nor how it relates to everything.

I follow paths, some that end. Some I can't see where they lead. I see paths. I am a hunter, I follow trails. I see trails others can't see, signs others miss. A hunter of men, I hunt myself. I follow trails of future versions of myself.

Perhaps it is folly, perhaps this isn't my place.

I hunger for your hunger. I too sing songs in the dark.
these my favorite parts...

Lecrae - Dirty Water
Old 10-13-2016, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflicted_insight
Old 10-13-2016, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

cool and normal thread
Old 10-13-2016, 07:33 PM
Banned

wb runlvlzero
Old 10-13-2016, 09:47 PM