Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Fire Giant

Welp I caved and ordered Legion 2 minutes ago, EQ sufficiently pissed me off while drunk at 3am to take a serious stab at quitting this shiz. May God have mercy on my soul.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

So far this expac has been pretty dang good. Going through Stormheim quest lines currently, and there seems to be a lot of added content, massive expac. Liking the weapon tree, the music is on point, and The Banshee Queen will save everyone.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was soloing giants since everyone at FM Giant Fort are determined on soloing and not grouping. I found myself fear kiting and killing 1-2 giants before having to med.

Well a Bunyai aggroed me while I was killing a giant, the giant was 15% and I was under 20% so naturally I had to run.

Well I had inspected this certain monk earlier and noticed he had a fungi and that amazing staff that rangers use. As well as other amazing twink gear.

I walked up to him and asked "Help!", he replied "Zone bro, that mob is yellow to me."

Are you kidding me? I managed to make it to Lake of Ill Omen strafe kite style with no SoW at 10%. You have a FUNGI, He doesn't even take DAMAGE he regens so fast.

Point is, all I see are twinked monks that want to solo and it defeats the purpose of classic EQ. You have over 200k in loot on your monk alone and you're going to be that CUTTHROAT over competition on forest loops?

EDIT: SORRY HE WAS A RANGER I GUESS I CAN'T BE TO UPSET! I think I'd reroll tho seriously.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Old 09-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legion is the best version of WoW I've played. (Vanilla,bc,wolk)

When wow started making huge numbers it drove me away. Today, the numbers are bigger than ever but the balance of pve and pvp difficulty is spot on. Every class is good and every class has some limitations on something. The addition of what are essentially mercenaries from eq live is well done, and I like how you find them in the world and get them to fight for you. The legion phone app is great it brings this entire battlefield resources follower game to my phone as well.
Legion is a fucking monster. It's such a fucking beast it's hard to quantify.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-09-2016, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legion is the best version of WoW I've played. (Vanilla,bc,wolk)

When wow started making huge numbers it drove me away. Today, the numbers are bigger than ever but the balance of pve and pvp difficulty is spot on. Every class is good and every class has some limitations on something. The addition of what are essentially mercenaries from eq live is well done, and I like how you find them in the world and get them to fight for you. The legion phone app is great it brings this entire battlefield resources follower game to my phone as well.
I love how tanky tanks are outside the Dungeon scene.

Most fun I have had in an MMO in years probably was powerleveling 85-100 on a Guardian druid in that cave everyone uses. Killing 20 mobs at a time nonstop spawns.

Old 09-09-2016, 04:19 AM
Banned

thank god i have a shit comp right now can't give them my money cause there's no point in trying to pvp
Old 09-09-2016, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

People drop $60 on every WoW expansion, play it for a couple weeks maybe, and then stop playing again.

Is it really a good game if you just show up, go through the motions like it's obligatory, and then stop playing?
Old 09-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

afterth at last expansions (cant remember the name because it was highly forgettable) the game basically played itself. did all the raids and then logged in once a day to set up NPC missions. that lasted maybe a week
Old 09-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
havent heard what big changes were made between 1 year ago and today that could possibly make that pile of shit worth playing. would need to be fundamental revamp and a huge rollback in bloat and im just not buying it was done. Then again someone said there was world PVP and i don't understand how that would have been possible 1 year ago, so maybe they did something about the face rolling Deadmines twenty times in 5 minutes each levelling path.
1 year? Probably not much. Most positive word of mouth is coming from people who quit a few years ago.

Closed Thread