Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

Default LOIO xp bonus?

I remember LOIO being an amazing place to level back in the day. Anyone remember what the XP bonus was supposed to be in this zone during classic? I remember coming back later (circa 04) and no one was ever in this zone. Apparently they removed the XP bonus and then other zones such as Paludal Caverns (sp?) had an INSANE XP bonus.

Am I remembering correctly? Anyone remember the exact values?
Old 03-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

There are the zone experience modifiers on EQmac (which has been stuck in limbo since PoP I think:

Quote:
KUNARK
Burning Woods 75
Cabilis 100
Charasis 85
Chardok 85
City of Mist 85
Dalnir
Dreadlands 75
Emerald Jungle 75
Field of Bone 75
Fironia Vie 75
Frontier Mountains 75
Kaesora 110
Karnor's Castle 85
Kurn's Tower 150
Lake of Ill Omen 60
The Mines of Nurga
Sebilis 85
Skyfire Mountains 80
Swamp of No Hope 75
The Overthere 75
Timourous Deep
Temple of Droga
Trakanon's Teeth 75
Veeshan's Peak
Warsliks Woods 75
Best I could come up with... sorry.

I don't recall them adding exp bonuses to outdoor zones though in classic era, just dungeons. Later when they implemented hotzones (that changed every few months), that changed things. And of course there are the newbi zones which seem to have a bit of a bonus.

I think the reason why some outdoor zones are such great sources of exp is due to the tons of mobs, 6 minute respawn timers, and lower rate of spell casting and healing mobs.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Sarnak

So on that thing above 100 would = no XP bonus, and then 75 would only be 75% of normal XP, so -xp? Or is 0 no XP bonus and this places like LOIO just have real low bonuses compared to other zones (like Kurns)?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember LOIO being an amazing place to level back in the day. Anyone remember what the XP bonus was supposed to be in this zone during classic? I remember coming back later (circa 04) and no one was ever in this zone. Apparently they removed the XP bonus and then other zones such as Paludal Caverns (sp?) had an INSANE XP bonus.

Am I remembering correctly? Anyone remember the exact values?
Droop is right, when Kunark first came out LOIO was a rockin' ding zone. I ran a couple characters through there, was a really busy zone at the time.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Droop is right, when Kunark first came out LOIO was a rockin' ding zone. I ran a couple characters through there, was a really busy zone at the time.
I remember it as some of the best XP I have ever had. It seemed to just roll and roll. Even solo as a monk I remember a yellow an hour at 30. I was amazed!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

LoIO was always a negative exp bonus zone. It made up for that with super-fast respawns, and tons and tons of mobs that are scattered enough to get single pulls nearly every time. I went from 22-30 (or something like that - nearly all of my 20s) in a single day there. I don't think it was because the mobs themselves were worth more than say, mobs in sol a - it was because I chewed through them so fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LoIO was always a negative exp bonus zone. It made up for that with super-fast respawns, and tons and tons of mobs that are scattered enough to get single pulls nearly every time. I went from 22-30 (or something like that - nearly all of my 20s) in a single day there. I don't think it was because the mobs themselves were worth more than say, mobs in sol a - it was because I chewed through them so fast...
This. IIRC it was the only zone in the trilogy with a negative zone xp modifier, but it was so damn popular and easy to find groups that it didnt matter.

"Thou speak'st aright; I am that merry wanderer of the night."
Old 03-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

this thread is getting me pumped for kunark!!! wooooooot
Old 03-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Sarnak

pump up the jam

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Closed Thread