Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovician [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks man, I'm not expecting to make a living at it, but it's a nice alternative hobby to gaming which doesn't fit into my schedule as much as I'd like it to. If you still have the itch check out gamemaker or rpgmaker or anything, and hit me up if you want help starting

With making stuff, you can sit down for 5 hours and go hard or 5 minutes and still accomplish something.

My now-wife doesn't and future kids won't really respond well to "hang on, this game doesn't pause!" So this is the new hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually did a little work in unity. I made a cheesy fps game through book tutorials. I haven't had much motivation though because EQ ruined me. My gaming and dev interest has mostly revolved around mmorpgs, but that industry is shrinking unless you want to make free to play games.

I dunno, some things are just probably never meant to be.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually did a little work in unity. I made a cheesy fps game through book tutorials. I haven't had much motivation though because EQ ruined me. My gaming and dev interest has mostly revolved around mmorpgs, but that industry is shrinking unless you want to make free to play games.

I dunno, some things are just probably never meant to be.
yeah ur game would suck because you suck
Old 07-25-2016, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah ur game would suck because you suck
Ya before this post I was really reconsidering game dev, but now I'm just going to kill myself instead.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovician [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty exciting stuff considering I've been modding games and making content for the past 17 years of my life.

The site is here if anyone wants to check it out. If you really want to try it out and don't want to buy it just PM me and I'll call you a tester and give you a key to get it.

I just want to generate traffic to its site so it trends toward the popular lists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's a throwback to "Lemmings" which I think is probably familiar to most of us older gamers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ck0AoJUxuM

https://burgee.itch.io/lemmy-the-wizard
Looks fun! Well done man.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Grats on the game. Looks like a cool little game to kill some time with. Picked it up+some to show support. Always wanted to try my hand at making a game but programming just isnt something i have a passion about. Good luck on your future projects [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-25-2016, 02:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks so much! It means more than you know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-25-2016, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

This looks pretty cool - it's like Lemmings meets Super Meat Boy; this style of game has a huge niche in the speedrunning community (not sure if you watch Awesome Games Done Quick or one of those fundraising marathons).
Old 07-25-2016, 04:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckoning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This looks pretty cool - it's like Lemmings meets Super Meat Boy; this style of game has a huge niche in the speedrunning community (not sure if you watch Awesome Games Done Quick or one of those fundraising marathons).
Lemmings is what I was going for, and yeah Awesome Games Done Quick is a favorite of mine. I watched a lot of it this year.

Thanks for the compliments, being compared to super meat boy is no joke!
Old 07-25-2016, 05:20 PM
Banned

just curious ludo, how many copies ya sold thus far? and how long has it been up?
Old 07-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Disappointingly few. It went up at 1pm my time yesterday, and traffic has been an issue. 12 people have downloaded the demo, three have bought the game, and roughly 350 have visited the page.

itch.io offers a ton of free games, so charging for mine gets it overlooked. I didn't know how free-game driven it was until i posted it.

Going to look at steam green light probably, what's to lose?

Regardless though, I made a game and sold a copy, so in a really really big picture kinda way: life dream accomplished!
Closed Thread