Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is P99 a better game of EQ than EQ live in 2001?
Yes, P99 is better 90 28.30%
No, Live was better 190 59.75%
Don't know 38 11.95%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

After 5 years Live was in Gates of Discord. Yuck!

Comparing P1999 to EQ from 2001 seems a bit odd; 2001-era EQ was two years old, not six. I rate P1999 as the better game anyhow due to having a nicer client than EQ had in 2001 plus improved server stability and lower latency. I've played P1999 for longer than I played live.

Danth
Old 06-17-2016, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

No. Not even close.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

We barely had time to experience an expansion before the next one was already out on live.

Classic: March 1999
Kunark: March 2000
Velious: December 2000

On P99, the server has been out for 7 years and it only relatively recently got Velious.

Classic: October 2009
Kunark: March 2011
Velious: July 2015
Last edited by Sage Truthbearer; 06-17-2016 at 01:19 PM..
Old 06-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

^ this. we are all older and have more things to do. p99 gives people time to experience the content without a new expansion coming out trivializing everything.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

and imo, a green server will be the end and destruction of p99. some ppl will switch. some wont. Servers will have 500ppl max on them and the poopsockers of blue will be the poopsockers of green and all the prenerf rare items will still be in the same peoples hands
Old 06-17-2016, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We barely had time to experience an expansion before the next one was already out on live.

Classic: March 1999
Kunark: March 2000
Velious: December 2000

On P99, the server has been out for 7 years and it only relatively recently got Velious.

Classic: October 2009
Kunark: March 2011
Velious: July 2015
I totally agree here, expansions really flew out, many casuals from '99 still levelling up their first character even when PoP was released.

What I've enjoyed with p99 is being able to really get my teeth into Norrath at my own pace, without the worry of content being too invalidated, or everyone cramming into the latest 'xp highway'/leaving old zones for dead.

I'd love a server stuck pre-fear/hate/sky with no expansions... I'd also like one with ONLY luclin (and maybe a tutorial for non-kitties to level high enough for PC).
Old 06-17-2016, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammothMafia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and imo, a green server will be the end and destruction of p99. some ppl will switch. some wont. Servers will have 500ppl max on them and the poopsockers of blue will be the poopsockers of green and all the prenerf rare items will still be in the same peoples hands
Most people are going to switch. It will revitalize the game for most people who never got to experience anything but a stale server where all those "pre nerf items" weren't even dropping anymore anyway.

The big problem will be when to release expansions....I think JUST being original game for a year before Kunark might be a little much? Things will get pretty crowded fast like that.....

I would prefer a server will all of the expansions, but then you run into timeline problems and classic item problems.

But either way, things would be so fun on a new server!
Old 06-17-2016, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

the raiding on this server blows. Far from classic by a long shot.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most people are going to switch. It will revitalize the game for most people who never got to experience anything but a stale server where all those "pre nerf items" weren't even dropping anymore anyway.

The big problem will be when to release expansions....I think JUST being original game for a year before Kunark might be a little much? Things will get pretty crowded fast like that.....

I would prefer a server will all of the expansions, but then you run into timeline problems and classic item problems.

But either way, things would be so fun on a new server!

Its a fun idea, but you'll have hardcore folks camping both servers at once...already have people playing blue and red...would need to IP block them if they are on 1 server to not allow them on both servers at once.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by botrainer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the raiding on this server blows. Far from classic by a long shot.