Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worst part of dropping is getting back in time.
Which is why I just have friends and guildees I trust to do transfers. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-11-2016, 01:39 PM
Orc

Talking DMN vs Trollhide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's a question for you, op.

If you hate the ruleset so much on this server, why not play on another server whose rules you agree with instead of trying to bend the world to your will?

No boxing. Not even once.
Now this is something I totally agree with. DMN...if you don't like the way things run here then play on a server that agrees with your opinions all the time. Oh and good luck finding that server.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

"Rational" arguments does not fly. This is an attempt to make things as classic as can be. Having tons of level one mules in EC selling stuff is not classic in any shape or form. Leave/live with it.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean it makes it harder to sell stuff/buy and is unclassic.

Neither legit or good reasons. Double fail.
my god are you playing the same game as us? that is classic.... the game is hard. i remember running from quenos to EC at lvl 20 because i heard it was the place to buy and sell stuff. i died 2 times along the way, killed a few mobs for exp and it probably took me 2-3 rl days to actually accomplish this. this is as classic as it gets, deal with it. or play somewhere else.

Make Norath great again!
Old 06-11-2016, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Rational" arguments does not fly. This is an attempt to make things as classic as can be. Having tons of level one mules in EC selling stuff is not classic in any shape or form. Leave/live with it.
By SoV, 70-80% of EC were boxrd mules, the rest beggars. Ain't no one got time to sit around EC with your thumb up your ass. It's really amazing what kind of ignorant BS is constantly spewed on this forum about "classic" EQ.
Last edited by DMN; 06-11-2016 at 09:41 PM..
Old 06-11-2016, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
80% of EC was a boxed mule in 2002. It's rally amazing what kind of ignorant BS is constantly spewed on this forum about "classic" EQ.
I spent a majority of my time in EC from Kunark to Luclin in classic. No 80% of EC was not boxed mules.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spent a majority of my time in EC from Kunark to Luclin in classic. No 80% of EC was not boxed mules.
BS they weren't.

Pretty much all WTB/WTS spam would specifically be telling you to send tells to their main character they were playing instead of their EC mules. Onlu occasuionally punctuatd by a lowbie trying to sell some pelts/bone chps/CB quest items etc. You were probably dumb enough to think thy were just doing that for a buddy or something. Awww the innocence of youth.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

@DMN It seems like you just want to argue for the sake of arguing.
If your goal is to really change people's minds. I believe you're going at it in the wrong way.

Also stone walling people and just saying that what people say is dumb doesn't progress the discussion. P99 was and is built on facts found by the community. Just because you have an opinion does not necessarily make it a fact.
The Facts have been weighed on the subject of boxing many times by the community and staff. It always leans in favor of no boxing in the end.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Those of us who have been around long enough know what the server was like before EC tunnel was used. In the earlier days of the server there was a server-wide channel. This was due to the relatively low population, so there was a need to facilitate buying/selling and LFG folks to find groups. The result was not using EC at all.

Was it better then? I don't think so. The opening up of EC tunnel was a MAJOR victory for the project's team moving towards their mission statement of recreating classic EQ.

Allowing lvl 1 boxed auction mules is a step backwards for p99. Go play with Kegz.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I've been pulling my hair out these last days just trying to get some of my 50+ spells. The spells are apparently being bought and sold according to p99 auctions, but never when I'm on my EC mule apparently, Whenever I camp my main out i at risk for losing my camp and at my level now it's not easy to simply find another camp. For the life of me I cannot see what harm would be caused by simply allowing such behavior.

And before anyone says it: I do already keep the auction stream going in my browser and tab over once and awhile but its just giant waste of time for the past couple of days. I think these "lower value" items probably don't get bothered to be offered for sale so you pretty much need to "WTB them..
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]