Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, that is two boxing and as others have pointed out you will get caught. The developers have direct methods of detection and where those fail, there are player reports. Bans are also not always immediate. Like with RMT, they issue mass bans every year or two.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:21 AM
Banned

The way you will NEVER get away with this is logging in on 2 accounts from the same computer...they can tell from their scanner software and its an automatic flag. People get banned for boxxing constantly and then whine about it constantly. You will be caught eventually, the logs never go away and they review them after the fact.

Only way this would even be remotely possible is from 2 seperate computers and even then, you will almost certainly get shat upon. One of the reasons P99 is thriving is because of anti-boxxing and anti-RMT and they take those 2 things very very seriously
Old 05-19-2016, 10:21 AM
Former Guide

From the rules which can be found stickied in this forum...twice:

Quote:
4.4. You may not have more than one client running per real life person playing on Project 1999 (Boxing).

There is no 'boxing' on Project 1999 servers. Boxing is defined as having more than one client running from a single computer, or having more than one client running per person in the same household on different computers. Project 1999 has an IP block on its servers to prevent players from boxing. You may apply for an IP exemption if you have more than one person in your household wanting to play by following the instructions on this forum:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Violation of this rule will result in disciplinary action, and you may lose the account(s) involved.

The exception to this rule is having one client running for Project 1999 Red PvP as well as one for Project 1999 Blue. This is allowed.
Having 2+ clients logged in by one person on the same server for ANY amount of time = boxing. Logging two characters on to do a transfer, buff yourself, port yourself, rez yourself, /massage your own shoulders, whatever, it's all boxing.

Note, we give out more suspensions and bans for boxing than for all other infractions combined, and ignorance of the rules is not accepted as an excuse. The most frequent response after "BUT I DIDN'T KNOW BOXING WAS ILLEGAL!" is "Wow, I didn't think you'd catch me".
Old 05-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Firstly, I like the no boxing rule, but is there anything that states "why" it isn't allowed?

I legit have a couple friends that are making a huge deal about why it is a rule in the first place and I haven't been able to find anything but opinions that they are dismissing because those aren't "official".

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Firstly, I like the no boxing rule, but is there anything that states "why" it isn't allowed?

I legit have a couple friends that are making a huge deal about why it is a rule in the first place and I haven't been able to find anything but opinions that they are dismissing because those aren't "official".

Thanks in advance.
Go to Shards of Dalaya and you will see why boxing sucks..Thats why I left there and came to P99. Pretty much it has a huge effect on social interactions between players; why ask/beg for sow and ports when you can PL your druid alt and just be your pocket telelporter -- p99 as it is now would be a lot like SoD.

The same goes for utility classes like Enchanters and Shaman's duoing with an SK main or other good duo combo.

The first day progression opened up on live, it was common to see people 4 boxing mage pets destroying content left and right -- imagine how that would change your brand new classic player on p99.

My opinion on the matter is that boxing can be fun and efficient, but it has to be done right. leave it to servers where everyone does it, but leave p99 the reason it's called that way. Project 1999, not Project easy mode. having a 65 druid on SoD myself I will say its fun, but you definitely do not get the social experience from 1-60 on SoD like you do here. I have made more friends here on p99 than on SoD even with the high level of skilled players there as well.
Last edited by kgallowaypa; 05-19-2016 at 12:11 PM..
Old 05-19-2016, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlaurent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can Developers know if it is you or another person buffing? I dont get it
The DLL that you downloaded to be able to play here lets them know everything that is going on on your PC while its running.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks in advance.
The reason why is, one person, with 6-12 free accounts, can solo any content he wants. When boxing is allowed, it becomes mandatory to remain competitive. It is far too easy to "Solo" fungi king, or Faydedar, or Venril Sathir, etc.
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 05-19-2016 at 12:14 PM..
Old 05-19-2016, 12:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go to Shards of Dalaya and you will see why boxing sucks..Thats why I left there and came to P99. Pretty much it has a huge effect on social interactions between players; why ask for sow and ports when you can PL your druid alt and just be your pocket telelporter -- p99 as it is now would be a lot like SoD.

The same goes for utility classes like Enchanters and Shaman's duoing with an SK main or other good duo combo.

The first day progression opened up on live, it was common to see people 4 boxing mage pets destroying content left and right -- imagine how that would change your brand new classic player new to p99.
Oh I get all the reasons, and I agree with them.

My friends want to know officially why it's been made a rule, because they're dismissing everything else as an opinion why people don't like it.

Edit: It's honestly quite exhausting trying to explain it to them why it's bad when they keep repeating, "but that's someone's opinion!"
Old 05-19-2016, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Oh I get all the reasons, and I agree with them.

My friends want to know officially why it's been made a rule, because they're dismissing everything else as an opinion why people don't like it.

Edit: It's honestly quite exhausting trying to explain it to them why it's bad when they keep repeating, "but that's someone's opinion!"
ehh, sounds like you need to make new 'friends'?

its been made a rule because the people who own/run the server have decided so... and nothing will change that. If your 'friends' don't like it, there are other alternatives... but P99 is not one.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftharted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ehh, sounds like you need to make new 'friends'?

its been made a rule because the people who own/run the server have decided so... and nothing will change that. If your 'friends' don't like it, there are other alternatives... but P99 is not one.
Yeah, I told them that before I bothered posting. It's what started the entire why argument because they didn't like it, lol.
Closed Thread