Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 01:10 AM
Kobold

You know what's a true time-told classic?

This discussion.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:26 AM
Planar Protector

People so jelly of kitties.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlvarex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The POK books really took me out of the game. All of a sudden there were these books sitting near cities that you could click and go to a plane where *everything* was. It just made the game feel more like a video-game than a world.

Luclin brought the Bazaar (which I loved) but introduced new and better leveling spots from level 1. That made the old world more barren.
I know exactly what you mean. The books ruined any sense of "adventure", there was no
journey anymore and to me that was almost half the fun. I did appreciate the bazaar, but after leveling to 80+ on live a couple years ago, I noticed pretty much all the old world, Kunark, Velious, hell even luclin and most of the planes were DEAD... Even on a server with a fairly high population. P99 seems way more populated than the live server I played on lol.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swindle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin gave Enchanters the spell KEI, turning the game into a drug dealer simulator. Just sit in the Nexus, cast KEI, and profit from the donations. I had my own corner and regular repeat "customers". I remember buying the spell for 10K and had it paid off in a day.
Haha! I used to pay enchanters 100pp+for KEI every time.

I was a fiend for that crack[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2016, 11:31 PM
Kobold

Any MMO that doesn't expand is doomed. You can't keep expecting players to keep playing when they are stuck at level 60 with the very best loot and have nowhere left to progress. They will roll alts and get them to 60 and then roll more alts. All of this creates more competition for scarce high level raid content.

Yes there are bad things about Shadows of Luclin and the Planes of Power but the devs don't have to implement *all* of them. They can take the good things and omit the bad.

Omit the following:

-horrible Luclin character graphics
-the Bazaar
-PoK books

Problem solved!

Question: Why does it have to be all or nothing?

Answer: it doesn't.

P.S. It would be really helpful if the management of P1999 would engage in some dialogue with the community about the future of this server.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any MMO that doesn't expand is doomed. You can't keep expecting players to keep playing when they are stuck at level 60 with the very best loot and have nowhere left to progress. They will roll alts and get them to 60 and then roll more alts. All of this creates more competition for scarce high level raid content.

Yes there are bad things about Shadows of Luclin and the Planes of Power but the devs don't have to implement *all* of them. They can take the good things and omit the bad.

Omit the following:

-horrible Luclin character graphics
-the Bazaar
-PoK books

Problem solved!

Question: Why does it have to be all or nothing?

Answer: it doesn't.

P.S. It would be really helpful if the management of P1999 would engage in some dialogue with the community about the future of this server.

It's a free server, so really once you're 'done' with everything you'd like to accomplish on p99, or you get bored enough... you leave (or roll an alt or 10). What happens to the server after that point in your experience shouldn't really matter, as new people will find p99 and get started with all the feels and nostalgia from this era of EQ.

If the lack of progression really did cause the community to die off... it would have happened well before the 5 years of kunark were broken by velious. If the staff were to comment on this dialog, that would put them in a situation where they may be perceived as having promised something that they may not be willing to commit to.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:03 AM
Aviak

POP defined a lot of the classes that had no real uniqueness to them right now. The rangers being a prime example with endless quiver, allowing for a single arrow to be POP boss loot...
Old 04-18-2016, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, the Ranger Luclin AA's actually made the class into what (I believe) it was originally intended to be. You still had to work your ass off for it, but at least you could stand out from the mediocre DPS crowd once in a while.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:17 PM
Aviak

PoP ruined the sense of adventure for me. Luclin wasn't bad, minus the space cats, because I really liked the lore and events leading up to the xpac. The fact there was a unique item and title granted to the people involved made the world more exciting.

I remember it to this day, but it was a real turning point for me when I saw someone soloing one of the world dragons. I think it was not long after PoP release that people were able to do this and to think I had this epic sense of achievement raiding these things and all of that trivialized by an expansion. I quit shortly after.

I would also be weary of spreading the population too thin by adding Luclin.
Last edited by dcbone86; 04-18-2016 at 02:33 PM..
Old 04-18-2016, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbone86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... I had this epic sense of achievement raiding these things and all of that trivialized by an expansion.

I would also be weary of spreading the population too thin by adding Luclin.
Yes and Yes.
Closed Thread