Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Kobold

If I was playing/socking 7 days a week, I think I should get more benefits than say Tom over here who socks/plays 1 to 2 days a week. Sounds like basics of life- you get what you put in. Now before more shit is twisted, that is not me saying only those who put in the time should get away obvious wrong things. I don't think any should- yes let's manage the fte problem together, the stalling, and the training. Not sure what to do about the entire watching another screen though skype or wtfever. Make rules about it and watch the false accusations fly maybe? Because that's already worked out so well.

I've seen lots of guilds over the years benefit a huge amount from doing the 24/7 poop sock- it's how it should be. Do I like it? Maybe not but it's right. Can I live with it? I'm still here. What to do if I just can't take it? Join server that has instances, play another game that has what I'm looking for, or remain here and explode so that others can get a ruined experience too in case they haven't yet.

There should be enforced consequences for illegal actions: I agree, it'd be nice to see some great rules come about from this- but from the tear stained path that I see leading to this, it's about getting pixels for nothing and I do not support this. Other things mentioned are just flare to make it look like it's about something else.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

jesus christ blue is fucking stupid
Old 04-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0xx0r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I was playing/socking 7 days a week, I think I should get more benefits than say Tom over here who socks/plays 1 to 2 days a week. Sounds like basics of life- you get what you put in.
No. You're not entitled to anything more than you're actually socking. You don't get to shit all over competition or break the rules just because you socked something else twelve hours ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0xx0r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There should be enforced consequences for illegal actions: I agree, it'd be nice to see some great rules come about from this- but from the tear stained path that I see leading to this, it's about getting pixels for nothing and I do not support this.
Once again, you're posting under the assumption that just because someone socks through the middle of the night on target that they should not have competition on other targets. That's just not the case. If someone puts in preparation and tracking half the time, they're still doing their preparation and tracking. You cannot just call their effort "pixels for nothing" as you train them. It's against the rules.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Kobold

half doesn't equal whole - is that hard to depict?
Old 04-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Once again, you're posting under the assumption that just because someone socks through the middle of the night on target that they should not have competition on other targets. That's just not the case. If someone puts in preparation and tracking half the time, they're still doing their preparation and tracking. You cannot just call their effort "pixels for nothing" as you train them. It's against the rules.
never said it was ok to train them. Try again
Old 04-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
never said it was ok to train them. Try again
That's just one of the methods that the entitled 24/7 raiders use to counter legitimate competition. Sorry I didn't pick the one that would allow you focus on the subject of my post rather than the example of the infraction used.

Quote:
half doesn't equal whole - is that hard to depict?
You're actually making less and less sense with every post.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Kobold

Flare...how many pieces of it do you have?
Old 04-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's no excuse to allow them to two-box, though. It's another line that we have to draw between cheating and not cheating. Naturally, we're going to have people that fall on both sides of the discussion, but it's almost always going to play out that the ones in favor of cheating are the ones benefiting from it.
I would assume that people screen sharing are not actually in game - they are watching Skype and then alert the Wake-Up-Channel when a mob pops and then log into the raid force after they close Skype down.

I see where you are trying to go with this, but it ain't gona happen.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would assume that people screen sharing are not actually in game - they are watching Skype and then alert the Wake-Up-Channel when a mob pops and then log into the raid force after they close Skype down.
So which is it? Your way or his way:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been a part of many screen shares, on both the sharing side and the watching side, and I can say with the exception of the screen sharer getting up to use the bathroom, the screen always has a real live player behind it ready to call the pop.
Either way, using an RDP program to connect to an unattended character is nothing more than circumventing the IP exemption rules. It's already against the rules of the server.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Orc

With respect to Tekilya I don't think he tracked or screen-shared with anyone during his residency in ToV, on top of which, Ii doubt he has seen anything in ToV other than the entrance room.
Closed Thread