Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 04:46 PM
Aviak

Well I'm mostly looking at the difference of 30-40 ac more from cultural, or 150+ and rising hp from the sta from crusty. If the formula of 1 ac equals 10+ hp is even remotely true, this would mean the gain of 35 ac would be like having 350 hp, way over compensating. The only downside in that case is slightly lower str, but I'm not meant to be the heavy hitter so that doesn't bother me too much.

And I already have velium/black sapphire jewelry so I have a ton of hp from all that. (255?)
Old 03-23-2016, 04:52 PM
Aviak

I'm not sure the AC calculations on P99 are quite the same as they were on live back in 99 though.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalex716 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure the AC calculations on P99 are quite the same as they were on live back in 99 though.
it's not the same as live, but the old idea of 'ac doesn't matter here' is outdated. The recent updates with Velious have made it absolutely matter.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:02 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikustrength [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I'm mostly looking at the difference of 30-40 ac more from cultural, or 150+ and rising hp from the sta from crusty. If the formula of 1 ac equals 10+ hp is even remotely true, this would mean the gain of 35 ac would be like having 350 hp, way over compensating. The only downside in that case is slightly lower str, but I'm not meant to be the heavy hitter so that doesn't bother me too much.

And I already have velium/black sapphire jewelry so I have a ton of hp from all that. (255?)
stamina will give you more health as you level even if it's at parity with AC right now at lvl 30.
you're a paladin, don't waste your time auctioning and posting on the forums, just go level. you can hit 60 in bronze easily.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

In the argument of AC you could just ditch whatever 2 hander you are using for a flat AC bump from a shield. Idk, the stats of cultural armor doesn't seem like an upgrade because of the 30 something AC. Losing that much str and stam doesn't seem to balance out for a small amount of AC and wis agi increases. I did get sick of being that ugly crusty color for 20 some levels so I feel ya on that ha-ha.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:14 PM
Aviak

I was just looking to see what would be most effective. I can probably get what I need at cost so it's really just a matter of what I prefer, and I'm definitely still leveling with my crusty gear in the mean time.

Actually, after parsing some rough numbers here it seems like that amount of AC makes a pretty reasonable difference. Enough to warrant the AC over the HP even as increasing levels would have me gain more of a return from stamina.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:19 PM
Banned

Mix and match?
Old 03-23-2016, 06:53 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lartanin63 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
doing math on a level 30 paladin
oh blue server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2016, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

I don't math well :P
Old 03-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

AC makes a noticeable difference and should be weighed heavily in your gearing decisions. Just don't forget that any AC above the softcap is penalized heavily except for shields. You always get the full value of your shield's AC.
Closed Thread