Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Most".

I'm not aware of any dupe bugs on P99 that exist at the moment, so therefor.. "All" dupe bugs are fixed on P99 though.

Apparently you never played combine, but good luck with that assumption.

Never happened.

Neither will they here. The difference is we are more strict about the rules we put in place, and people that disagree with those rules and think they can get away with it are met with a rude awakening. On live, you can get away with using macroquest, you can get away with training people, stealing mobs... Not here. Obey the rules and there's no issue. Treat our staff like human beings, and there is no issue.

17 Months is hardly 3 years.

Actually I'd agree with this one.. because every single one of their devs won't really care for classic eq, because that's not what they are providing.

I'd hardly call pathing different from what you remember it as "issues". We have a different system, there are invetibly issues with any system in use, including the one on live. There are pathing issues in every live expansion in existance.

Uh, what? Where does it explain in the startup guide how to illegally download the client? Please quote it to me.. this is nothing but a blatant lie.

Our server operates with approval from Sony. They have already been in contact with us regarding several issues. Why do you think there was a crackdown on RMT, especially those related to a website which won't be named. I'll leave it at that.

You seem to be comparing this server an aweful lot to that of Sony's. They are not the same server, nor do they aim to be. You are also comparing a multi million dollar company with a full time development staff of educated and experienced people, to a small group of people with little to no education and experience running professional mmo games, who make no money off of this, who work only in their free time as a hobby. I think with all things considered, what we provide is damn good for what we've put into it.
A few weeks ago I posted on official eq forums about the classic experience etc and mentioned p1999 well didnt say p1999 but a certain un-named server. And I had replys back like "oh these kids who are pirates now days think they can do this and that" "running an illegal server" "its still illegal" blah blah blah. Theres clash among people no matter were you go or what game you play I guess. I just people would get there crap straight and quit claiming me to be a pirate or doing something illegal. Although pirates are pretty cool IRL ARRGGGGG
Are we all just slaves to the system?
Us and them and after all were just ordinary men.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJJJ7ec1eAo
"Freedom cannot exist in the world of Capitalism any more than a fish can live out of water."
Old 02-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they had a fixed 1 year per expansion ... maybe. If I needed to blaze through an expansion every 60-90 days to keep up, no thanks.

90 days, 60 days, it will become the same as the other progression servers.

Too many expansions, too fast is what killed EQ.

The voting is a great idea. But only if it drags out when expansions are released.

H
I agree to many expansions is what killed EQ just to satisfy the no life raiders. But now honestly we know how to complete each expansion. I am going to play on the server but i do feel it will fail because now the no life raiders will just be camping the good raid zones till the next expac is released. so the casual gamers are always going to be 1 xpac behind or more and hopefully the casual gamers are more then the raiders so they can keep the progression from moving forward. And they need to put in place that ur toon needs to be 30+ on the server to vote or it will just be people wanting the server to fail voting to unlock each xpac.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Banned

they just did a live podcast about what will be included in the progression server. they said that items such as manastone/guise would be included for a limited amount of time.

they mentioned that the new freeport/commonlands would be in but for zones they didnt have to change the geometry, that they would bring back the classic zone (such as CT with its original drops as per the timeline)

so this also means that pre-nerf CoS, moss covered twig etc will be in for a limited time in kunark.

im really looking forward to it.

ps harrison is a dumb redneck
Old 02-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

After watching the livecast I think I will pass on this fail server. Not classic, not even close. They are not even going to have old Freeport ... super fail. Ill just stick with P99.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarostormy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After watching the livecast I think I will pass on this fail server. Not classic, not even close. They are not even going to have old Freeport ... super fail. Ill just stick with P99.
how is a 'fail' server? it will have easily 3-4 times the population of p1999. id call that successful.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they just did a live podcast about what will be included in the progression server. they said that items such as manastone/guise would be included for a limited amount of time.

they mentioned that the new freeport/commonlands would be in but for zones they didnt have to change the geometry, that they would bring back the classic zone (such as CT with its original drops as per the timeline)

so this also means that pre-nerf CoS, moss covered twig etc will be in for a limited time in kunark.

im really looking forward to it.

ps harrison is a dumb redneck
I take it as a badge of success when lowlife gutterscum dislike me. Thank you for proving a point.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Kobold

Fipppy Darkpaw is coming out soon...will I play it? YES. Of course the classicness wont be as classic as P99, but there is a trade off. P99, although the best classic server ive played, does have frequent bugs and crashes on zones (still a GREAT server). Sony's server will not only be more 'fixed', but it is reliable. I will still play P99 because it just rocks, but being one of the first players to start on a new server is one of the greatest experiences. I hope to see some of you guys on.

Only things that I can think of that might suck about the Fippy is the commonlands and freeport zones. The new ones just suck, but who knows, it might be the new 'old 'experience....
Old 02-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Sarnak

i will be playing precisely because it is NOT a classic server. I will eventually return here and hopefully raid with old friends again also. I thought you are allowed to like more than 1 thing at a time.
Nothing can beat p99 for classic, but that =\= progression.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Kobold

ANYONE know what time tuesday the server will be open!? i wont to be the first character on the game, lol.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ANYONE know what time tuesday the server will be open!? i wont to be the first character on the game, lol.
Not sure, but I can tell you that the server is already in the server list with a status of LOCKED.
Closed Thread