Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with a rotation will inevitably fall to pixel lust and worthiness deeming.

I think you could get a decent number of FA/Awakened people To consider a rotation 10/10 each week if it meant no tracking and no 4AM Batphones.

But once BDA joins, and CSG, and Asgard wants to split off, and Anonymous wants to try WToV, and Divinity is ready to trash faction again...

That's the point where people stop getting interested when it becomes 2-3 Dragons a week per guild and some guilds are wiping continually to half of them, leaving them up for days.

I joked about the Sontalak entry point. Something like Klandicar would be more reasonable though.
Obviously, you'd put limits on the amount of time the dragon is allowed to live. If you can't kill the dragon when it spawns because of a crappy spawn time, no big deal. A new set of mobs will spawn next week.

I feel as if you can have an agreement wherein guilds that fight as alliances always fight as alliances and so forth. Just takes some give and take by the leadership of the various guilds involved in such an arrangement.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 03-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

The only option I can see is for one guild to so absolutely dominate TOV that it forces other guilds to come to the table and if any guild breaks it it means domination again. That one guild gets less loot but a lot less boring tracking and FTE and the other guilds get loot.

Short of GM enforcement of the rules this is the only path forward because it incentivizes each member in the agreement to act honorably in order to get what they desire.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

So much bad information in this thread. Most of you need to stop regurgitating fabricated opinions you exchange with each other in late night vent convos. Asgard would sign off on fifield's proposal, 2 mages to cover a wing of 15 targets is reasonable. Awakened's stance of 2 mages per target in a wing of 15 dragons is not reasonable. FA has told awakened for weeks that we would sit down with them and map out new rules, awakened hasn't accepted the invitation and instead started a magician arms race. It doesn't matter who you are or where your information comes from, the above statements are first hand from the top facts and everything else is just people running their mouths. Invitation to work out new rules is still available whenever awakened wants to come to the table.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But once BDA joins, and CSG, and Asgard wants to split off, and Anonymous wants to try WToV, and Divinity is ready to trash faction again...
So, the real enemies here are BDA and CSG. Awakened and ForsakenGard just need to come together to block the casual filth, and balance will be restored.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, the real enemies here are BDA and CSG. Awakened and ForsakenGard just need to come together to block the casual filth, and balance will be restored.
No, hes simply pointing out how the more people in the rotation the less pixels each guild would receive in the same time period. Eventually this will drop below the rate that is acceptable to the members and the guild will break the agreement.

It's called being a realist. No good, no bad, just each guild doing what it should be doing - what it's members desire.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

I said a long time ago on the raid discussion that I think if you cut all the mobs spawn timers in half a lot of these problems go away. So any 3 day spawn is now 36 hours and any 7 day spawn is 3.5 days I just find it hard to believe that if all of NToV is spawning every 3.5 days that you will have people going so damn crazy. It would just be way too much raiding for people. Mobs will get left up, other guilds will have a shot, you might even see a bit of decorum between people seeing as you losing a target isn't the end of the fucking world when it comes up again in 3 days.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Aaryonar should be the gateway mob to a proposed NToV rotation, as he literally already is.

Quote:
I said a long time ago on the raid discussion that I think if you cut all the mobs spawn timers in half a lot of these problems go away. So any 3 day spawn is now 36 hours and any 7 day spawn is 3.5 days I just find it hard to believe that if all of NToV is spawning every 3.5 days that you will have people going so damn crazy. It would just be way too much raiding for people. Mobs will get left up, other guilds will have a shot, you might even see a bit of decorum between people seeing as you losing a target isn't the end of the fucking world when it comes up again in 3 days.
You're crazy - it would be the same thing just 2x a week instead of once.

There is ~5-6 NToV capable guilds/alliances on this server - I can't think of a server that had more than two during Velious on Live, that means even 2x as many spawns wouldn't be enough. ToV is meant to be used as 1 guild per wing - that's why they eventually rooted everything, removed safe spots, etc - basically to force crawling through the zone instead of training or camping out inside.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Last edited by Man0warr; 03-04-2016 at 03:03 PM..
Old 03-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone would just have 5 max gear toons. alts would flourish.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 03-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone would just have 5 max gear toons. alts would flourish.
Think about all the time spent in ToV on sunday. You are willing to do that potentially 3 times a week? Even on a weekday? I just don't see it happening.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think about all the time spent in ToV on sunday. You are willing to do that potentially 3 times a week? Even on a weekday? I just don't see it happening.
I guarantee there is ~200 people on P99 willing to do just that.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Closed Thread