Old 02-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Aviak

Default Skeleton Model

Problem Solved
Needed to download this file:

http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv3.zip

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
Hello folks,

I have been searching the forums, and based on what I am reading there appears to be a fix for the problem somewhere; I cannot find anything but references to the fix, no actual direction to go to.

In game, I have the newer looking skeleton models. They slide around on the ground and have wonky animations. When sitting, skeletons just stand straight up with their arms spread out.

From what I have read, these issues are due to the dev team placing the old style skelly models on the server, rendering the player-client-side files useless-ish.

Is there a place to update these files for a fix? I cannot find it and would really appreciate information that would lead me to solve this. I am looking forward to having the traditional skeleton look.

Thanks!

-Tpyo

TL : DR - Tpyo dumb, fix skeleton, please/thanks

Xegony:
Saezuru Matsudai - 65 Wood Elf Bard

Last edited by Tpyo; 02-07-2011 at 11:52 PM..
Old 02-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Tpyo,
Have you followed the instructions on this thread? It is the getting started guide, and on my desktop, I followed this upto the part where it becomes optional for different skins and whatnot and have the old yellow skellys and they crash into a nice pile, but on my laptop, I have not done any of this, and I have the newer skellys and they slide around and dont die the way they should... Hope it helps, it is the only thing I have noticed that I have done different between the two setups [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by synntax33; 02-07-2011 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: incomplete
Old 02-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Aviak

Thanks for the response.

I set up the game on my desktop about 9 months ago (i think), and, to the best of my knowledge, I followed the instructions perfectly.

Further, last week, I followed those instructions as best I possibly could to set up the game on my laptop, and still, seem to have that problem there as well. I do not beleive I missed any steps along the way. I will uninstall on my laptop and try again though to be absolutely sure I am not missing anything.

Xegony:
Saezuru Matsudai - 65 Wood Elf Bard