Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 09:34 AM
Kobold

Came to de-echo the recommendations to play on Red and instead suggest playing on Blue.

I started as a Red player myself until I realized just how stupid the entire concept is if you actually want to enjoy Classic. Red is not Classic at all, it's a big chatroom with a very barren population with tons of wealth accumulated at the top. All of that wealth is going to be used to gank you by twinking alts near your level once the server sees you're a regular player. Grouping isn't nearly as prevalent as it should be with the experience bonus unless you're at MM, and even still that grouping bonus just skyrockets you past the actual enjoyable parts of the game to just be targeted by all the bored veterans.

Blue at least is classic in the sense that you don't know who's going to be in the next zone you explore but there's a good chance there will be a few people. Lots of times those people are camping the spot you might want, but to me that's actually what's Classic about the game. Join them, use diplomacy or gtfo to another adventure.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:48 AM
Orc

Having an issue.

Ell
has registered an account with Daybreakgames. Account and password work to log into their website.

Downloaded and installed EQtitanium. But he cannot log into the EQ game. (not just P99, it keeps coming back as "DB error : invalid password". He even went so far as to change the password at daybreaks website... and still gets the same error.

I (Eld) can log in my account on either my computer (obviously) or his.
He cannot log in with his account on either.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can hang with the pvp crowd, consider trying the Red Server for starting. Blue is a nightmare at the higher end. Unless of course you enjoy waiting in a digital line for hours/days/weeks/months for a camp on blue.
insecure about your 100 player server much?
Old 01-22-2016, 02:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eld'n'Ell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having an issue.

Ell
has registered an account with Daybreakgames. Account and password work to log into their website.

Downloaded and installed EQtitanium. But he cannot log into the EQ game. (not just P99, it keeps coming back as "DB error : invalid password". He even went so far as to change the password at daybreaks website... and still gets the same error.

I (Eld) can log in my account on either my computer (obviously) or his.
He cannot log in with his account on either.

Any help is appreciated.
You don't want to create a Daybreak Games account, that is Everquest Live. This is an EQEmulator Server. Go to the Project1999 Home page and click the getting started link. You need to create an EQEmu loginserver account and edit some files to connect to this server. You then use that EQEMU Loginserver account, not the Daybreak Account.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I tried red server once....it was like the first time I did coke great experience till you come off the high and your world crashed around you and you realized only way you will get that rush back is if you sell your body behind the jade inn so you can pay for spells and armor to keep up with the twinkies running around in fungi tunics while all I have is a cracked staff...

I went to rehab and was shown the light of blue it's not as bad as red clowns make it out to be [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2016, 11:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatta317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't want to create a Daybreak Games account, that is Everquest Live. This is an EQEmulator Server. Go to the Project1999 Home page and click the getting started link. You need to create an EQEmu loginserver account and edit some files to connect to this server. You then use that EQEMU Loginserver account, not the Daybreak Account.
thank you. trying it now. registered with P1999. setting up account. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread