Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Eye of Veeshan (and other things in sky)

A friend and I have stumbled upon a few websites from 2001 that really shed some light on how Plane of Sky should be.

As it stands, the current PoSky on P99 is, for lack of better words, not finished.

I'd like you guys to take a look at these sites to hopefully get a better idea of how they should be tuned.

http://www.angelfire.com/freak/eqjon...laneofsky1.htm

some interesting information from that site about Eye:

Hits for: 173
Specials: proc Efreeti DD (you feel your soul being consumed) on almost every hit; Death Touches

Nowhere does it mention an AE. It's max hit should be 173 (a bit lower than the 865? it's hitting for now), and it should only be proccing this: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...95&source=Live -- a 500 unresistable DD.

Here's another website with a ton of information about Sky, from 2001.

http://web.archive.org/web/200110291...r/EQ/skyguide/

Just to quote some things; concerning Eye

"If the hand is not up, it easy, just go up, and kill the eye whenever you are ready.

The eye is a pushover, comparable to the sister."

I bolded that so we all get the point.

Also, Sister of the Spire should be farmable. Taken from the above website;

"After killing the Bazzt bitch boss. Sirran will spawn speaking backwards. This version of Sirran is there to spawn the sister of the spire (the boss of the next isle). Without spawning the sister, you will be stuck on drake isle and unable to proceed to the next isle.

To spawn the sister, you must tell Sirran "llaw eht htiw eno ma I" which is "I am one with the wall" backwards. Other similar phrases also work.

Drake isle normally just provides around 24 keys to the final isle of Veeshan. But, the sister drops 2 key pieces each time. You can trigger the sister as many times as you want, and get keys for everybody in your raid.

To do this, one person must remain behind on Bzzazzt isle when everybody else goes up to drake isle. They need to "/say citanul eht narris liah" (Hail Sirran the Lunatic, backwards) every minute or so to keep him from despawning. If you say the correct phrase he will reply back something backwards."

I hope everybody takes the time to read through these so we can get sky back on track! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

I could be wrong about this but I think some of the info they are using is from this guide circa 2006: http://mysite.verizon.net/drexxell/eq/planeofsky.html

Interesting stuff you posted. Valid points about things being different.
Mainly it seems they gave the max hit of "Hand of V" to "Eye of V".

One thing to keep in mind though as that both of your guides are assuming players are level 60, not 50, so some things mentioned in that guide are not as valid at level 50.
Last edited by guineapig; 02-03-2011 at 03:28 PM..
Old 02-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Sister is farmable, just chain pull her. We got two last night.

And Sirran despawns on live after 15 minutes even if you hail him backward.

Eye should stay as it is right now, pretty challenging fight but do-able.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought the point of this server was to emulate Classic, not fine-tune it to what people think is okay?

edit: Also, some evidence provided to anything you're suggesting as far as Sister goes would be nice.
Last edited by Yulath; 02-03-2011 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: another point
Old 02-04-2011, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

Anyone got a Drexxell's Tinkering Compendium ?
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sister is farmable, just chain pull her. We got two last night.

And Sirran despawns on live after 15 minutes even if you hail him backward.

No, it should be fixed.

What exactly is challenging about farming DA totems 24/7 in order to have invulnerable tanks for raid content?
Old 02-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

I love that song! Alan Parsons Project ftw
Old 02-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

DA Tanking wasnt changed until Veilous(?), but I do agree with your sentiments guineapig. It has trivialized nearly all of sky, allowing people to progress further than they rightfully should.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

As well as cockblocking us lowly monks who just want the damn WR bag.

Just kidding, they usually will just hand you the bag if you ask. Thanks folks from IB/Darkwind for my bags.

Kolored on Red.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Kobold

The hand is using soul devour and the eye is using efreeti fire. This is a problem that has been around since sky opened but I could never really confirm my theory since the hand was never up.

The way the eye's spell effect is supposed to work is that it does that extra 500 magic damage proc as an on hit sort of thing which supplements the existing low melee damage it was supposed to be doing (IE: 200 melee + 500 soul devour). The guide above corroborates this to some extent.

Currently, the eye is instead using efreeti fire as its on swing proc (not with 100% frequency but still fairly fast). On the mobs that efreeti fire is present on and supposed to be present on (noble, overseer, hand), they proc it on a timed basis (every 24 secs it seems). What has happened here is that efreeti fire has been transplanted not only as the eye's proc, but as an on swing proc instead of a timed spell attack. This creates a constant rain of shit that kills anything that gets within melee range fairly fast. It was like this in August, and did it even more frequently than now. I think it is just a matter of switching around the effects.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...85&source=Live

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=995

That said, even if this stuff was fixed up it doesn't really address things like the ridiculous mob haste in the zone that gave birth to all the cheese strategies being used.