Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

I played on Uthgard for a bit. A lot of foreign folks, but overall good servver to play on. Has a really good amount of people.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Did DOAC have end game raiding content ? or was it a PVP based end game ?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Large Bat

It does have pve content at cap level but its not as complex as EQ or even WOW. The game is designed around pvp and thats where it really shines.

The uthgard server is hosted in germany, expect lots of euros playing on it.

Ive been playing on it for some time now. The big thing is that you CANNOT box on the server AT ALL. If someone suspects you of boxing the gms make you do retarded things to prove that your 'girlfriend' is a real life person. This makes the game more challenging cause you cant just 8 box a group to farm rps in pvp or plvl yourself up to cap super fast.

Too bad mythic doesnt just create themselves a true classic server. Ive heard from too many people that they would pay to play a dedicated one but I just dont see it happening.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lechrac1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does have pve content at cap level but its not as complex as EQ or even WOW. The game is designed around pvp and thats where it really shines.

The uthgard server is hosted in germany, expect lots of euros playing on it.

Ive been playing on it for some time now. The big thing is that you CANNOT box on the server AT ALL. If someone suspects you of boxing the gms make you do retarded things to prove that your 'girlfriend' is a real life person. This makes the game more challenging cause you cant just 8 box a group to farm rps in pvp or plvl yourself up to cap super fast.

Too bad mythic doesnt just create themselves a true classic server. Ive heard from too many people that they would pay to play a dedicated one but I just dont see it happening.
Hey, Thanks for the reply. I'm interested in trying it out this weekend. Not knowing much, could you answer some questions ?

Is it a hard game to jump into (confusing zones/maps/defined objectives)
Is the game Item based or Skill based ?
Looking over their web page, I see that there 3 different server faction ?(not sure if I have that right ?) is there a better faction to choose ?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

I am kind of interested in trying this, but I never played DAOC. Would it be difficult to pick up and figure out the way things work or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am kind of interested in trying this, but I never played DAOC. Would it be difficult to pick up and figure out the way things work or what?
Bump on this question. I played it for like a day and cant remember anything about it. Also if its all about PvP wasn't Shadowbane considered the premiere game for PvP considering the entire game was ran by players that were sieging eachothers cities and stuff? Or is the end game of DAoC similar to that?

Carsomyr - 55 Pally - Retired
Thalon - 49 Rogue - Temporarily Benched
Contagious - Necro - 30's and climbing
Lights - 55 Wiz - Occasional Murderer
Old 02-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Kobold

DAOC is and pretty easy game, with few mecanics, speed + skills does help alot in the PvP, how ever you can level up quite easy with groups, soloing is for very few classes, however you dont have to med as long or wait for life as long as EQ, so its posible to solo all the way to 50, however its MUCH faster to have groups of 3-4 or even more, groups range up to 8 and are normaly 2 healers + 1CC and rest DPS.

the thing about DAOC is that allmost all classes have some utility they bring to groups very few classes are "solo" the rogue and archer classes are hard to play up solo, but very rewarding when it comes to PvP content.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Character Builder: You can see which realm has what classes in it, and what their abilities are, at every level up to 50. All of the classes are available except for those prefixed by a [C] (that's a later expansion not covered in Uthgard.) Enjoy!

http://daoc2.catacombs.com/cbuilder.cfm

If you have more questions, I'll be on IRC for a while tonight.

Badger Pet!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

DAOC Promotional Video made by a friend

DAOC: Old School Video
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 02-05-2011 at 07:07 AM..
Old 02-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone up for starting a new pvp crew in Hibernia or Albion? PM or msg me on IRC if you are interested. Something to do while we wait on Kunark, or inbetween raids for ya'll.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Old 02-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daoc has all the info you could ask for.
Closed Thread