Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Project Manager

Default emperor chottal spawns

I remember Emperor Chottal's room as having 4 spawns, 1 wanderer, and 1 emperor/ph.

EQ live looks like this: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/scen...is-emperor.jpg

Are the double spawns on the north side of the room a mistake?

I do not remember engaging 7 npcs with the Emperor.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Kobold

The two stacked up in that corner look a little suspect.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Project Manager

Both northern corners are like that, both in the pic, and on eqlive. If you notice, theres a skeleton beside the iksar ghost, for a total of 3 npcs on the right wall.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:38 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do remember level 60's could single pull emperor somehow.. those mobs might be a lot lower level.

Get some macroquest up on those mobs on live.

Wait who said that?

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 02-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both northern corners are like that, both in the pic, and on eqlive. If you notice, theres a skeleton beside the iksar ghost, for a total of 3 npcs on the right wall.
I see what you mean now. Logically it would make more sense for there to be 2 on each side like you said instead of 2 stacked + 1 unstacked. While it's pretty hard to argue against a screenshot and eqlive, a screenshot that isn't from an early time period does little to corroborate what you see on live because it could've been changed/fucked with/broken during one of the many years between both points in time. That is to say, if you were looking at a screenshot from 2006, and saying it is consistent with eqlive today, that still leaves out 6 or so years before that period when it could've been different. I'm not saying it is one way or the other, but it's something to consider.

Do any of the stacked mobs in the corners path at all? I know in my experience it is pretty rare to see stacking like that ever happen unless mobs meet up in middle of a path. For example, you see that happen sometimes in the first guardhouse in KC with pathing and static dogs.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Fire Giant

Yes the two in the corner stacked is incorrect.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
I do remember level 60's could single pull emperor somehow.. those mobs might be a lot lower level.
I remember this as well... As for how many spawns there were in the room with him, the following posts from zam might help to shed some light on the subject:
Quote:
I cannot for the LIFE of me figure out how to keep him from gating....he seems to gate every single time and thus getting 4 adds in the room. (dated 05-19, 2001 )
Quote:
if you barely step into the room you can aggro his first 4 guards - without aggroing 2 more guards and the emp himself. (2001-07-02)
Quote:
If he gates, you either have to run in and fight him there (adding about 6-7 mobs) or let him slowly summon you all to your graves. (2001-01-28)
source: http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.html?id=4578
Old 02-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Aviak

I also remember killing him in his room without any adds (at lvl 60) if that is of any helps (also class was shaman, no harmony or cc).
Old 02-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

I vaguely remember being able to aggro the roamer through the door (standing and sitting on the door), and then having to deal with 6 other mobs in the room once I mez'ed pushed + got summoned through on my bard. Using lull song to pacify the room I remember having to use f9 tricks to target the mobs in the corners inside the room without having to step in. I also remember there being too many mobs to get to lull them all on initial break and that I would get 2 on first pull no matter what.

I also remember there being 2 guards outside the initial door to the room and one roamer.

I camped that for so long to get my breath of harmony I am disappointed that I don't remember more specifically.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
He can be solo pulled by a lvl 54 cleric using dispel. I've seen it.
Theres many instance of people claiming it was solo pullable. I think him and his ph were on different "factions" from the guards. Or skeletons didnt assist spectral mobs and vice versa. It is more likely to be the later.
Closed Thread