Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyphemous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Affordable ranger twink" is a contradiction in terms. The whole point of a ranger twink is to show that your main is so great at farming that you can afford to twink out a ranger to the point of being effective.
Unfortunately this is.. mostly true. You're gonna have a better time with a fungi, but id hardly consider that affordable. I'm a rogue main (poor) and I eventually made an amazing ranger. Do what I did and wait awhile. Or enjoy the challenge.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Cecily...lol
Old 11-29-2015, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is what I was looking for, as a filthy casual. Anyone who wants me to go roll a necro, thats like saying, just waste your time pursuing a business degree so you can be the CEO of your company BEFORE you make art/actualize yourself as a human being with agency in your communities.
yeah but thats what folk do.....

make a lvl 30/34 dru to taxi and make pp then make a real class after saving up 3 or 4 k+

used my druid to farm the parts for the totemic helm, 3 or 4 times. used 2 and sold off 2 for ubber platz.

EQ...makes you dirty !

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 11-29-2015, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Just get a silver swiftblade until 30, and then a springwood stave, ...store the rest of your cash for haste..I suggest farming high keep guards starting at 30 and you have your haste in no time
Old 11-30-2015, 02:58 PM
Banned

Fungi = 65k

Cloak of flame = 75k

Woodsman staff = 9k

Everything else is optional really, could be naked with these 3 items and probably wreck. Add in BS cheap items and armor and your set.

....so, to properly think your ranger, it only costs around 150k, what a bargain!!!!
Old 11-30-2015, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Don't need a CoF, FBSS or CCHW are good enough.

I'd throw in 55 hp rings though, most cost effecient item for the stats it gives in the game.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-30-2015, 08:03 PM
Fire Giant

But that cof plus a sky cloak is 96% self buffed haste before epics!

To be fair, it is pretty baller dps but any haste is better than none.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 12-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Kobold

"I'm a rogue main (poor) and I eventually made an amazing ranger. Do what I did and wait awhile. Or enjoy the challenge."

I believe I will enjoy the challenge. All the items that don't really matter, I would like to roleplay earning those items from the dungeons i would like to level up in.

So here's what I know now. Taxi service via dial-a-port would rule. I've lived the druid life already... but I haven't done the wiz-biz.... I would love to make a wizard taxi. That would be a fresh new perspective for me. And as far as ranger thinking goes, I'd like to thank everyone that participated here; i think i know exactly where i stand between somehow getting 75k for a cloak of flames (75k is more than i have ever owned, probably altogether in all my iterations of EQ lol) and enjoying the challenge of a Ranger who is less-than-perfect.

In fact, i'm kind of waiting for a petition against someone who stole a wizard only staff i was looking forward to using. (they stole it during a x-fer in EC.) it was only worth 100pp, but it's the principal of the matter...

Thank you everyone who responded to me. This is probably the longest thread i've ever made on a forum, glad to see there's a healthy amount of debate around rangers and what they mean. I didn't know i would be representing my ability to think a ranger out (think? twink?) to all the big dogs who have fungi's and stuff.

Ultimate result; I just don't want to be the ranger who casts gate all the time in your group because he thought dual wielding wurmslayers would "be cool", lol. Looks like just normal chainmail would be a great place to start, and upgrade little bits here and there as i earn the pp naturally.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I would love to make a wizard taxi. That would be a fresh new perspective for me.
/chuckle

they both deal with rude customers, its not gonna be earth shatteringly different!

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 01-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

Affordable Weaps:
Sword of Skyfire
Crystalline Short Sword

Your enchanter might be able to solo Ry-Gorr fort (for sure
could duo with priest class) to farm Orc Fang Earrings and
several pieces of Ry-Gorr Armor.

Need haste item. Just buy FBSS. Prices should be dropping with Velious out.
Closed Thread