Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 01:11 PM
Banned

ITT: people crying someone used their open source code (after telling them repeatedly to use their open source code to make their own server)
Old 12-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Banned

You're running a server based nearly entirely on their work and you have the balls to call them crying retards

Eat a big bowl of butts apio
Old 12-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Banned

I'm not running any server. I am merely a player on P2002, mainly known for my epic (c) chain pulls
Old 12-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a lie. The last patch note you posted had zero credit mention whatsoever, even though Wharhogg copied and pasted our git comments.

When you do credit us, it's typically something like "from eqmacemu:" instead of using developer names. You guys have never once put my name in any patch note.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Torven, your getting worked up over the littlest of details.
Last edited by Tollen; 12-08-2015 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: update img
Old 12-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Large Bat

My Thoughts on this. I am a player on P2002, but I contribute some minor things to both (Interface work).

I prefer the P2002 database and non-GM Intervention. There is a friendly player base. I assume TAKP also has a friendly player base as most smaller communities tend to have.

Some players will prefer TAKP, Some will Prefer P2002. There will never be a way to merge them, it just is not going to happen at the point. It will need to be accepted. There is no benefit to any of the Mud Slinging and E-Peen measuring that goes on.

P2002 Is Incredibly grateful for for all of the codework that TAKP and the associated developers do. Right now everyone in this thread tends to get defensive and say they have the best server, and guess what. They do... to themselves, which is perfectly acceptable.

Different Strokes, Different Strokes. Some People want P99 Red, Some want GM Managed TAKP, Some Want P2002 and some would rather the world burn and they can go play grab ass.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Torven, your getting worked up over the littlest of details.
Making it look like you are taking credit for someone elses work is not a little detail.

It is actually very significant. Its right up there with Plagiarism imho.

Some people don't see it as that important. I know I don't do that much anyways. But now I do less.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making it look like you are taking credit for someone elses work is not a little detail.

It is actually very significant. Its right up there with Plagiarism imho.

Some people don't see it as that important. I know I don't do that much anyways. But now I do less.
I agree, my point is the p2002 devs credit the core of the project, torven is getting all worked up cause hes not getting his name put it, over the project he is apart of.

its like saying thanks p99. I don't need to name everyone involved.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:02 PM
Banned

Nobody ever claimed his work as their own. Torven is just angry that the P2002 Devs use the term EQMacEmu instead of his name. Plagiarism is a serious thing, and entirely different from using Open Source code and giving credit where credit is due.

The thing is, it doesn't matter. People on P2002 don't know Torven, he is not a part of our community, he doesn't post there. It doesn't really make a difference to the people playing there if the patch notes have his name in it or not. It is just easier to use the Term EQMACEmu to refer to the entire team (after all that is the GIT name of the project). I am sure Wharhogg would accommodate you and replace EQMACEmu with a full list of your developer's names if that was your wish.
Last edited by apio; 12-08-2015 at 02:07 PM..
Old 12-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not running any server. I am merely a player on P2002, mainly known for my epic (c) chain pulls
You were (and may still be) a developer for p2002. Wharhogg was publicly boasting about your enthusiastic use of the editor.

To claim to not be is just yet more dishonesty. The rest of your staff don't even use your usual forum names for your admin accounts.

To spam forum threads advertising your server while claiming to 'just be a user' is shilling.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Banned

I do support the project and wish them a lot of success. I am very happy to spread the word in my free time, even come to these forums and post on their behalf. But that is the extent of my involvement with the project. It is true that I have worked on the Database in the past and I was also initially involved in Velious development, but I basically left after Kunark was done.

There is no reason for me to lie but you are welcome to believe whatever you want. My "spam" usually consists of development updates, but more often than not I have to respond to slander and lies about our server.

It would serve you well to focus all that energy into getting people interested in your own server instead of talking about ours. Nobody here is posting anything negative about TAK

The notion that I am secretly working for P2002 is hilarious BTW. Made my day
Closed Thread