Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Default Overthere: Faction for Human Shadowknight (DE Mask also)

I am KoS to all of the overthere outpost in human and darkelf mask illusion- includeing Golems, Garg guard, DarkElf Guards, Skelly workers and all NPC vendors. None of them should be KoS to evils

This is where SKs get all their 51+ spells etc- also epic start - and other quests etc

Also I do not belive it is from killing in karnors (VS faction?) as I leveled alot there on live when kunark came out- and I could always wonder in and get my spells - and I could always count on the goon squad to save me while soloing in OT.

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Thank you! *cheers*
Last edited by Xadion; 01-28-2011 at 12:55 PM..
Old 01-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Kobold

VS faction hits will ruin your ability to conduct business in the outpost. Have you killed any mobs in KC on the beta server?

Source: http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/fa...ml?faction=156
Last edited by Starklen; 01-28-2011 at 01:33 PM..
Old 01-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Fire Giant

Yes I have, but I can tell you- with out a shadow of a doubt, as have playing a SK from April 1999 untill GoD/OOW when I retired- that I never couldent buy my 50+ spells - and I soloed outside and grouped inside Karnors alot- there where quest NPCs that would not give me the quest such as the port hammer etc-

I think that they have some evil modifyer so that evils dont get kos but can buy - bank but not quest etc
Old 01-28-2011, 07:47 PM
VIP / Contributor

HUM SHD isn't kos. You ruined your faction. Mobs in kaesora, karnor, and charasis all lower VenrilSathir faction. The factions and faction hits are 100% accurate.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Fire Giant

I made a human sk and ran him over, and no he was not KoS - Should check vs live - as I am for certian the vendors- if not just them but everything but like golems and stuff maybe- would not kill you if you hunted in karnors and where an evil class.

I would call upon the memories of others who played SKs on live during Kunark- as 90% of the population hunted in karnors- I know I never did once ounce of faction work to repair my ability to buy spells.

Edit:
Read alot on that thread posted above and related threads- etc back in 01 was as far as I got- DE illusion should jump your faction- Skelly Illusion should also untill a certian time-then it was changed- Elemental Illusion also.

Alot of that thread has conflicting info on accounts- much like my memories of kunark and others obviously- it also seems that your race + religion + class-alignment all play some form of weight on the faction. Perhaps the vendors/bank etc are not on VS but evil general faction or something and everything else is VS- such as dock workers, golems guards etc

I did not mean to affront anyone- as everyone working on this server I give props to and I love playing here. Thanks for giving us our beloved p1999

Edit 2: 11years ago is awhile- and as I said my PoV is not really careing about the guards/quest dock worker etc in terms of ruining faction but spell vendors-

quote from the old thread on alla

"Spells?
Posted: 2001-04-16 13:39:55 | Quote | Reply to Post | Follow
Anonymous
View Journal
Anonymous Score: Default
The OT sucks. I could care less about banking or buying/selling there. There IS one thing i am concerned about. If i'm KOS in the overthere how do i get my 50+ vendor spells? I ruined my faction getting my shield of spectral essence. Will i just have to pay some one to go get them for me? I looked over the faction list and it doesn't mention the spell merchants being on the same faction as OT."

I am mostly looking at this perspective as I never had faction issues getting spells- I can poke around some more on those forever long threads about kunark etc but I am sleepy.

G'night all! Happy weekend!
Last edited by Xadion; 01-28-2011 at 09:12 PM..
Old 01-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Aviak

One thing I can tell you, since you mentioned the port hammer quest specifically, is that from all the reports/alla comments I've read the port hammer actually requires amiable to be able to turn in. You can charm the guy and that will allow you to do the quest (as it will make the guy amiable) but aside from charming the quest giver, it's a shitload of Sarnak War Braids to get to amiable (well not that many, around 250 I think... though that might be 250 turnins, not braids, which would mean you need 1,000 braids, if you don't tank your faction beforehand).
Old 01-29-2011, 05:32 AM
Sarnak

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3656

Server first Golden Sash of WTFPWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Unlike modern life, natural selection is alive and well on p99. Adapt or die.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:32 AM
Aviak

Yeah I know, only 2 guilds have access to 'em on this server though~

Edit: I guess that's not literally the case but for all intents and purposes it is.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:16 PM
VIP / Contributor

VenrilSathir faction regarding Elemental form was fixed a couple of patches ago.

Nothing else to address in this thread, move to resolved.
Closed Thread