Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So they say no boxing then immediately say 'oh but you can box if you have separate PCs for each account!!'. LOL! How do they expect to prevent people from just running multiple virtual machines??

what a joke. also I see people here saying 'everything will be instanced so you can plan!!' and yet the post says "The big raid targets from each expansion will be instanced." That's not every dungeon.

Are you all just incapable of spending 30 seconds to actually read the post??
Shits classic. You mad dog?
Old 11-27-2015, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting -- did they ever fix the whole 'monks have insane fists at the start' and 'mage pets rape everything' things?

Smart move to limit boxing. If they time limited this to PoP or something they would have had a real winner.
No and yes.

No they did not change mage pets or monk fists or any of the power increases available to characters/non-classic but still available gear.

In response, they have gradually increased the power of mobs in the classic era zones (this change was made back in 2005-6 with the release of the original progression servers, but it was relatively minor). More recently, and more importantly they have significantly beefed up the power of original+kunark raid encounters. These encounters have been "balanced" to make them on par with what you would expect a raid to entail given the power increases available on the progression servers. They're still not impossible, but it takes more than a group to do Talendor.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

Instanced raids for every boss? What a joke. Even time locked couldn't save that shit. Might as well play wow.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instanced raids for every boss? What a joke. Even time locked couldn't save that shit. Might as well play wow.
Well the current problem is people aren't killing the bosses and such (whether here or live) for loot, at least not primarily. Alot of them are now just doing it for the sake that no one else can do it.

The main difference being that one person on live can actively threaten whole guilds with enough boxing. Whereas here, everyone hates each other's guts and say "Shits classic" to justify everything, except when it works against them. Then they cry to the GMs who actually oversee things here.
Last edited by jwargod; 11-27-2015 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: meh
Old 11-27-2015, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwargod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the current problem is people aren't killing the bosses and such (whether here or live) for loot, at least not primarily. Alot of them are now just doing it for the sake that no one else can do it.

The main difference being that one person on live can actively threaten whole guilds with enough boxing. Whereas here, everyone hates each other's guts and say "Shits classic" to justify everything, except when it works against them. Then they cry to the GMs who actually oversee things here.
Or cry out claiming "not classic" when there is actually class balance in luclin and pop or rules making the server fun for everyone.

"Shits Classic" is fast becoming a lame excuse

Likewise, Asking for custom content while remaining in Velious is not playing the game known as Everquest.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:44 AM
Banned

didnt they just do this a few months ago and the server was trash for the same reason live prog servers are always trash?
Old 11-28-2015, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
didnt they just do this a few months ago and the server was trash for the same reason live prog servers are always trash?
no. this server's rules/mechanics are different than previous progressions.

I don't think it is instancing so much as we think of it...i'm thinking it is going to be more like vanguard over land bosses. you have a lockout time and can't engage the mob for a period (1 week) after a kill.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no. this server's rules/mechanics are different than previous progressions.

I don't think it is instancing so much as we think of it...i'm thinking it is going to be more like vanguard over land bosses. you have a lockout time and can't engage the mob for a period (1 week) after a kill.
I'm not sure where the confusion is that you're saying "as we think of it..."

"Raid Instancing

The big raid targets from each expansion will be instanced. While bosses like Lady Vox, Lord Nagafen, and (/cough) Phinigel Autropos (hey, THAT’S where we got the name!) will still spawn out in the world, groups of players will ALSO be able to have these targets available to them via Raid Instances."

It looks pretty cut and dry to me. The instancing takes away from any "risk vs reward" and raid scene competition. It will lose its flavor really quick.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure where the confusion is that you're saying "as we think of it..."

"Raid Instancing

The big raid targets from each expansion will be instanced. While bosses like Lady Vox, Lord Nagafen, and (/cough) Phinigel Autropos (hey, THAT’S where we got the name!) will still spawn out in the world, groups of players will ALSO be able to have these targets available to them via Raid Instances."

It looks pretty cut and dry to me. The instancing takes away from any "risk vs reward" and raid scene competition. It will lose its flavor really quick.
There will still be competition for the open world spawns, and the casuals will be able to see the content as well. Seems like a win-win to me, except for the people who get their satisfaction from denying others the chance to kill dragons.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Meh, I think having open world raids and some instances versions is fine. I would hope world mobs have more loot and less selling restrictions on loot while instances drop a little less and items can't be traded. I wouldn't want instances for group content. I think this sounds like a great compromise and plays how I envision of future EQ-like MMO to play.
Closed Thread