Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 08:17 AM
Banned

i played on lockjaw for a while. it was good but i didnt like the part where everyone had a box army. i will be returning in december to see if this server is any good.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
where's the damn PoP locked server!
You mean P2002? It will never go beyond PoP as it physically can't due to the oldschool EQMac client. Velious in a couple of weeks, then Luclin in another 6-7 months.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New expansion every 90 days is a complete turn off. Damn shame because I was really interested too. Pretty much a server for hardcores only.
idk, when i played live on progression server breifly it seemed way quicker to level, and with instanced raids i dont think you'll need much more than 90 days if you just want to revisit the old top end content. i really wanna see pop endgame that everyone talks about, so i may check it out... may just box on ragefire even, but its daunting to get back in when i have so much stuff in p1999
Old 11-24-2015, 10:56 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New expansion every 90 days is a complete turn off. Damn shame because I was really interested too. Pretty much a server for hardcores only.
Shouldn't be that bad. I agree that three months is fast but with instancing you can plan everything instead of fighting for spawn
Old 11-24-2015, 11:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shouldn't be that bad. I agree that three months is fast but with instancing you can plan everything instead of fighting for spawn
^ This.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean P2002? It will never go beyond PoP as it physically can't due to the oldschool EQMac client. Velious in a couple of weeks, then Luclin in another 6-7 months.
no i want a good server
Old 11-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
started great with no boxing rule, and then.. Raid Instancing
I liked the no boxing and raid instancing.

Until subscription.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by am0n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked the no boxing and raid instancing.

Until subscription.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only need to subscribe once. Then you can neckbeard items (like BAM or Jboots) and sell them for Krono.

Also, you can buy a krono off ebay and such for 5.99 or whatever now.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only need to subscribe once. Then you can neckbeard items (like BAM or Jboots) and sell them for Krono.

Also, you can buy a krono off ebay and such for 5.99 or whatever now.
Why would I want raid instancing if I was a neckbeard? If I wanted that, P99 fits the bill.

And why would I want to pay any subscription? There are a host of good, free games out there.

So, that all gets back to "Sounded good until subscription."
Old 11-24-2015, 08:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemystic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the raid instances have 6.5 day cooldowns, idk if thats really so terrible. It may solve the poopsock prob
Instances with cooldown AND live spawns to maintain some "competitiveness" would be great imo.

The fact that most of us come into this old game with an inherent knowledge, along with all kinds of information and databases at our fingertips is pretty damning of any classical purity as is. Sure it's a slippery slope, but there should be things done to improve the health of the server. As much as I hate instances myself, I think the fact that there is a cooldown simulates a lot of what the live world does yet combats the problems of poopsocked content.
Closed Thread