Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 03:36 AM
Planar Protector

And now for something slightly different!

I've been doing the mini-quests for the Tunarean Signet Ring quest and just completed the Crest of the Fauns, which is the most unusual of the six mini-quests. You basically have to make and set off a bomb in Kael. It's also the only use I know of for the crystallized sulfur that everyone usually vendors.

By the way, the bomb you set off does hit you with fire damage...potentially a lot of fire damage, as mentioned on the wiki. I beefed up my fire resists and brought a friend along to help with potential giants and explosion-induced injuries. I've never seen this quest done so we weren't sure what would happen. Basically, I got immolated but my resists kept the explosion from doing full damage (I assume).

Here's the video

Thanks to Tupakk for making sure I didn't die from either giants or explosions, and to Alokin who saved all his sulfurs for me and helped me get the architect's blueprints and several other items for the other mini-quests!

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 11-14-2015, 07:27 AM
Fire Giant

Things might have changed in Everfrost because I spent about 3 hours with my Druid there tonight and I only came across 6-8 Wooly Mammoths and 2-3 were the Tainted Wooly Mammoth.

I followed the charm kiting map and had no luck with Mammoths except for Calves.

I also noticed that Mammoths were breaking my ensaring root spell not even seconds after I casted it. Same with my charm animals spell.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Mammoths have changed somewhat in recent months. There are fewer numbers and their spawns are less predictable because they now have placeholders (the spiders). In 2010 I remember camping one of the spawn spots, where a mammoth showed up reliably every 6 minutes. A few months ago I met someone who was confused with how few there were when he remembered the place crawling with them.

The ones that are level 25-26 have fairly high magic resists and tend to break root a lot. I'd try just snaring and fear-kiting those instead if they break charm/root too often. Between kills, you should lay waste to every spider you see. This is probably easier than it used to be since snare and root stack now.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 11-14-2015, 06:41 PM
Fire Giant

Yea, it always happens that way... When I was a lower level, the place is over-run with Mammoths and I can't do a thing.

Now that I'm a higher level, the place is over-run with Mammoth Calves.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

This is crazy! I have never seen Wooly Mammoths break and resist charm animals and root spells as much as they are in Everfrost. They have to be underconned now.

Same with Ice Boned Skeletons. I had one attack me which conned green and it's nuking me for 80 damage with each spell it's casting.

Even if I just root/dot, I'm still going through 75% of mana on 1 Mammoth because of all the times it keeps breaking or resisting the root.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

What level are you?
Old 11-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level are you?
Old 11-16-2015, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

If you've already gotten your Chilled Tundra Root, I would recommend binding at the bank in Qeynos and then heading to SK.

In SK you can get a group at KFC or you can root rot/charm-kite your way to ~28.

Once you're big enough, you can kill Tesch Mas Gnolls. These drop "tanned split paw skin".

These will look like little rolled up scrolls (there is one that looks like a spell scroll, ignore that one). They are lore, but there are 4 unique versions and you can have 1 of each (to check which version you have, just right click on it and it will read like a book). When you have 2-3, gate back to Qeynos and hand them in 1 at a time to Edvard Tommels, a human near the bank (hes in a yellow house near the bank). Each scroll should be ~10% of a level.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Tanned_Split_Paw_Skin
http://wiki.project1999.com/Tesch_Val_Scrolls

This quest still gives good exp at 36 (about 5% per turn in iirc).

At your level, you could try killing them by charming an easy to charm elephant and then snaring a gnoll. Run away from the gnoll using snare and flame lick to keep aggro while your low-level pet beats the gnoll down. Since you're going to get MOST of your exp in this level range from turn-ins, there's no need to break charm to keep your pet from taking half, unless you've got lots of mana rolling around.

At level 34, just quad them.

Ding 36.

Edit: Allegedly, this quest will take you to 39 relatively quickly. However, I found that after 7 or so levels of porting/gating and killing the same 3-4 mobs over and over again that I was ready for a change of scenery. At 36 I went to FV and quadded pirates and Drolvargs along the cliffs in FV.

PS: Anyone ever notice that Drolvarg is just 1 e away from being Gravelord backwards?
Last edited by maestrom; 11-16-2015 at 02:15 PM..
Old 11-17-2015, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

Corrupted Seahorse -- https://youtu.be/oahttTccFKQ

Pained Unicorn Turn-in -- https://youtu.be/AQq0JjnNxhU

Cleansed Spirit of Faydwer -- https://youtu.be/hQolB2GwNEE
Old 11-18-2015, 08:50 PM
Sarnak

Ulump -- https://youtu.be/2K1YnMXbcEY
Closed Thread