Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkskog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You call forming a raid alliance to compete with the poopsockers thinking outside the box. I call it turning all of the so called 'casual raiding' guilds into a super hardcore raid guild. If those people wanted to be hard core raiders, they would be in a sock guild.
How is it not completely obvious to people when they write things like this, they're just saying, "Yeah, that's great that you suggest we do what it takes to get what we want, but we'd much prefer you just hand it to us!"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
You'd be impressed if someone showed you the inner workings of a fucking lego castle.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Orc

I think the REAL problem is some people do not want to admit they are wrong. they are arguing for arguement's sake with no intention of achieving anything other than standing their own ground. It's evident from the posts. This is a dead issue.

Want a raid boss? Form up 50-75 people whose only evidenced talent is setting an alarm and waiting, or find a classic EQ server that actually emulates classic EQ.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Want a raid boss? Form up 50-75 people whose only evidenced talent is setting an alarm and waiting, or find a classic EQ server that actually emulates classic EQ.
Seems to be pretty accurate.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is it not completely obvious to people when they write things like this, they're just saying, "Yeah, that's great that you suggest we do what it takes to get what we want, but we'd much prefer you just hand it to us!"?
How is it not completely obvious to you that you're a moron?

When did I say anything about handouts? Never. I said simulated patch days would allow casual guilds to make attempts on content that is currently on lock down. Like it was on classic. A simulated patch would be closer to classic, and it would give others a chance to race and compete for mobs.

Coordinating to make sure that you have enough people sitting around to compete with the sockers doesn't change the fact that Innoruuk dying within 2 minutes of spawning is stupid.
Last edited by Myrkskog; 01-22-2011 at 10:02 PM..
Old 01-23-2011, 03:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We didn't ask anyone to come up with a solution. People were throwing around ways for us to fix their problem. We simply aren't touching it. Those that didn't get hyperdefensive and attempt to rationalize why they should be handed bonus targets in hopes that they could snag one that falls through the cracks are beginning to think outside the box.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25980

Between all of the so called 'casual raiding' guilds, there are enough people who want raid targets (mostly the ones posting in this thread), to be a serious contender, but for various reasons will never see them until they start thinking outside the box. Some are in too small of a guild, some don't have the ideal composition, some have people who couldn't care less about raiding, and some have people who couldn't piss their name in the sand holding back the talented raiders.

I'm glad someone caught my suggestion, I was beginning to think it was lost on everyone. This fits more closely with my suggestion of cooperation, and I imagine will be a much more satisfying solution.
And you're close.. But still way off.

The *real* issue on p1999 is this:

We got the top 10% from about 20 different servers to come back and relive their glory on p99. The vast majority of those who played in 1999 casually.. Who tradeskilled.. and held weddings.. role played.. fished off the docks.. wandered around aimlessly.. played gems.. and did f*ckknowswhatelse who made up a solid 70-80% of a typical 1500-2000 peak population server ....

they ain't here.

So you got about a dozen servers worth of the ubers crammed into one tiny little bastion of faded glory. And you are simply not going to make them happy.

A calander worked on, say, Tunare 10 years ago because there was maybe 3 top guilds contesting 7 raid targets, had the cushion of server patch repops, and a mutual interest to not have to deal with petty bs while still getting a healthy amount of whacks at the loot pinata.

Here we can make a quick list:

1. ) IB
2. ) DA
3. ) Div
4. ) Darkwind
5. ) Tmo
6. ) Pantheon
7. ) Vesica
8. ) Peace Pipe
9. ) Eclipse
0. ) Dozekar

That's 10.. Maybe 11 if Kimmie and Nalkin join forces with the evil Life Alert.

10+ guilds fully capable of killing all dragons/gods without breaking so much as a sweat, left unmolested to engage the raid target. There's simply not a way to carve up 2 dragons, 2 minis, 2 gods, a dude in a turban, and an underwater squid.. among 10 guilds per week. And even in the best of moods and goodwill, there's simply no reason IB and DA would even feel the slightest inkling of making any concessions to anyone (besides possibly each other). And I think we all know that's the truth.

You have to split the server. 5 guilds on each server could definitely put together a calender system that would benefit the masses and leave enough whacks at the loot pinata for each to actually get some sleep and do some grocery shopping and see what that sunlight thing is all about. And even then, everyone would still whine and moan incessantly.

But I mean, seriously.. If you're suggesting the solution is form like 2 or 3 massive raid alliances as a way to *END* poop socking..

lol no. Putting out a forest fire with flamethrowers is what that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Last edited by Bubbles; 01-23-2011 at 03:21 AM..
Old 01-23-2011, 03:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you're close.. But still way off.

The *real* issue on p1999 is this:

We got the top 10% from about 20 different servers to come back and relive their glory on p99. The vast majority of those who played in 1999 casually.. Who tradeskilled.. and held weddings.. role played.. fished off the docks.. wandered around aimlessly.. played gems.. and did f*ckknowswhatelse who made up a solid 70-80% of a typical 1500-2000 peak population server ....

they ain't here.

So you got about a dozen servers worth of the ubers crammed into one tiny little bastion of faded glory. And you are simply not going to make them happy.

A calander worked on, say, Tunare 10 years ago because there was maybe 3 top guilds contesting 7 raid targets, had the cushion of server patch repops, and a mutual interest to not have to deal with petty bs while still getting a healthy amount of whacks at the loot pinata.

Here we can make a quick list:

1. ) IB
2. ) DA
3. ) Div
4. ) Darkwind
5. ) Tmo
6. ) Pantheon
7. ) Vesica
8. ) Peace Pipe
9. ) Eclipse
0. ) Dozekar

That's 10.. Maybe 11 if Kimmie and Nalkin join forces with the evil Life Alert.

10+ guilds fully capable of killing all dragons/gods without breaking so much as a sweat, left unmolested to engage the raid target. There's simply not a way to carve up 2 dragons, 2 minis, 2 gods, a dude in a turban, and an underwater squid.. among 10 guilds per week. And even in the best of moods and goodwill, there's simply no reason IB and DA would even feel the slightest inkling of making any concessions to anyone (besides possibly each other). And I think we all know that's the truth.

You have to split the server. 5 guilds on each server could definitely put together a calender system that would benefit the masses and leave enough whacks at the loot pinata for each to actually get some sleep and do some grocery shopping and see what that sunlight thing is all about. And even then, everyone would still whine and moan incessantly.

But I mean, seriously.. If you're suggesting the solution is form like 2 or 3 massive raid alliances as a way to *END* poop socking..

lol no. Putting out a forest fire with flamethrowers is what that is.
Ban people camping spawn points.

Those who mobilize more efficiently win.

THE FUCKING END
Old 01-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ban people camping spawn points.

Those who mobilize more efficiently win.

THE FUCKING END
define camping a spawn point? is it exping in the zone watching track? is it buffing a group in the zone? it's too hard to define. also you're an idiot for banning people for doing one of the past times that makes everquest what it is.

DURRR CAPITAL LETTERS DURRR
Old 01-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ubers? How on earth do you think any of these people are ubers? Ubers knew how to break Fear with 10 people, knew how to deal with the wandering scareling on the hill, knew how to pull Amy's without pulling CT himself. Ubers knew how to break Hate, camp the wall without aggroing the upstairs floor, or letting rats chain aggro half the first floor. Ubers knew how to island hop and not get knocked into OoT by Dirkog Steelhand.

There is nothing uber at all about the way the planes have been reduced to a zerg-camp-fuck-fest here. There may be some folks here who have never experienced the REAL planes on original live, where skill and technical understanding of game mechanics were essential and numbers meant nothing. But there are some of us who were there and don't buy that shit you're selling.

Ubers here? where?
Last edited by Nealio; 01-24-2011 at 01:14 PM..
Old 01-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ubers? How on earth do you think any of these people are ubers? Ubers knew how to break Fear with 10 people, knew how to deal with the wandering scaerling on the hill, knew how to pull Amy's without pulling CT himself. Ubers knew how to break Hate, camp the wall without aggroing the upstairs floor, or letting rats chain aggro half the first floor. Ubers knew how to island hop and not get knocked into OoT by Dirkog Steelhand.

There is nothing uber at all about the way the planes have been reduced to a zerg-camp-fuck-fest here. There may be some folks here who have never experienced the REAL planes on original live, where skill and technical understanding of game mechanics were essential and numbers meant nothing. But there are some of us who were there and don't buy that shit you're selling.

Ubers here? where?

I think you missed the point of her thread, and shes spot on. On P99 we have 3x the amount of raid capable guilds that there were on live, but we have reduced the amount of spawns by not having patch days or simulated patch days.

I think its funny Uthgaard keeps telling us to "think outside the box" like we have some magical thing we can pull out of our ass to prevent a guild from sitting on a spawn point for 48 hours.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Orc

Sorry, I got derailed by the "ubers" remark and didn't comment on the second part which is spot on. I'm just frustrated with people talking about all the skill and talent being excercised by the guilds to monopolize the planes and how those that can't get into the planes obviously aren't working hard enough or have the skill when it's all rot. There is no skill to sitting and zerging. More than half these people would never have seen planar loot 10 years ago due to their reliance upon numbers rather than skill.
Closed Thread