Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Aviak

Default I lost a lot of my stuff

I had a rogue who probably had a good percentage of my equipment, I wanted to change his name.

I don't know anyone on this server since I haven't played much since 2010. I dropped the equipment in bags on the ground somewhere and fell off Kelethen, twice. By the time I got to the spot only one bag remained and it certainly didn't have the equipment, jewelry, or gems I had left in it.

The problem is all of that equipment is gone, and it was big chunk of my minimal in game wealth.

I wish there was a better way for people to transfer equipment and assets to other characters. I'm not sure what I will do, it makes me extremely sad that whatever I worked pretty hard for early in this server's timeline is gone. I see that EC lists far superior equipment at much lower prices, but I worked hard for what I had and it's gone because I fell of Kelethin, and who knows, maybe someone grabbed my stuff too.

It's too easy to leave this game in the past at times.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

classic
Old 11-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

That sucks sour donkey balls man, try and send in some petitions and hope for the best!

Something similar happened to me, lost a bunch of gear in 2014 and petitioned the day after on the forums(shouldve petitioned in-game immediately) - lo and behold, come fall 2015 they re-imbursed all my stuff!
I'm sure your ancient equipment is alot neater than what I had, just be patient and it might all return one sunny day.

On a sidenote, how on earth did you manage to fall off the platforms TWICE lol? Drank alot of grog before trying the bagdrops [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ? Also those platforms might not be the best place to do the swap...

Good luck brudda!
Old 11-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Kobold

Indeed it is classic.

It also could have just poofed. stuff doesn't stay on the ground forever.

Honestly, if you do a drop transfer and you don't have the character you are transfering to camped at the exact same spot where you plan to drop things and camp out, it's hard to have sympathy for losing bags of items.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Unless you are transferring a crazy expensive item, you can expect a safe transfer 99% of the time if you follow these rules:

1. select a character at least level 50, the higher the better.
2. select a character who is in a guild that you have heard of, the more boss the better.
3. have your two characters in the same spot so you can be there in under a minute.
edit: bonus rule: *never* solicit for a transfer in /ooc. you're inviting thieves. walk up to someone who fits first three rules and ask them in /tell

Your goal is to select a character who has so much invested in their reputation that there is no way they would consider stealing your 10k bag of items and lose their months of work.
Last edited by Expediency; 11-11-2015 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: bonus
Old 11-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Aviak

Muggens,

Yes, lots of grog was involved, I am enjoying my wonderful Veteran's day, hell I've earned it.

The incident made me sad
Old 11-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

It is funny how classic items have nosedived in price and are basically "unfit for twinks" these days. I remember leveling my troll SK here back in 2010/2011 in bronze armor and with bad stuff in other gear slots... and yet I managed to sell the account (with a 35 cleric and a 30 enchanter called Swish) for 27k plat when it was legal to do such things.

I feel bad for the OP... but I'd say to definitely either start from scratch or get that rogue some levels, the gear will follow along the way if you're committed - and join a guild. Most guilds have guild banks with items that have been sitting in there for months, and some of that stuff could be useful [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

oh and yeah...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2015, 11:24 AM
Orc

0 Sympathy man. There are a million better places to do that. You obviously didn't think this through and because of that, paid the price.

Like someone above said, if you're going to drop items, do it in a open spot, away from danger and have your other character right next to you ready to log on.

Go farm bears, 2-3 days and you will have a couple hundred plat and regear easily.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Aviak

Quite a lot of nice people on this server, that's for sure, seems a little kinder than I remember it being in 2010.

No worries about trying to help me replace my stuff, it was a mistake, it stung yesterday, but I'm not in the game so deep right now that it really has an effect!

Thank you
Old 11-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

I'd tell you about my favorite transfer spot, but then everybody would know about it. :^)

Just pick a zone near a major town that has unpopulated areas, hide in a nook and get to droppin'

I have drop transferred once in GFay once, but it was garbage gear in the middle of the zone somewhere
Closed Thread