Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfftuneRZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im guessing you were not tough enough to join a real branch of the military. Air force is the laughing stock of active duty military branches.
You sure? I sure do seem to catch alot of shit for being Coast Guard. Then again having the same benefits and pay without a lot of the bullshit is rather nice.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

All branches say the other ones suck. AF here. I used to listen to the jarheads running by every morning at like 3am, and then I'd get up to go to my nice safe comfortable office to write code. This code helped make very large things explode in interesting ways, which was intended to help the jarheads. They used to make fun of us for being 'the nerd force', but they knew they couldn't get far without us.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyReza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you couldn't even make it into the military... lol I'm laughing at your poor excuse for a post.

OP thank you for your service [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Haters gone hate
This fucking guy either has some sort of psychic powers (that do not work) or is a complete idiot. That was a terrible attempt to judge the character of my service by a post on elf quest forums. Im glad that I made two deployments defending your constitutional rights to make a retarded post on these forums. You are welcome btw.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

/salute
Old 11-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

eq + military is classic. lots of military played on live back in the day too. always was a pleasure, as a civilian, to kill dragons with them. /cheer
Old 11-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

There is a scene in the movie "A Few Good Men" where one Marine says to another, "We're supposed to fight for those who can't fight for themselves."
I am one of those who can't. There has never been a point in my life where I would have been able to meet the physical requirements to serve in the military. Nor, do I believe that I am psychologically suited for a military lifrstyle.
I greatly admire and appreciate, along with not a small amount of envy, those who do choose and are able to serve. I truely believe that you represent what we as Americans would like to think of as the best of what it is to be American.

I just wanted you to know that.

I am also a professional computer geek and envy you your job of writing code that makes things go boom! That's gotta be kick-ass! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfftuneRZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im guessing you were not tough enough to join a real branch of the military. Air force is the laughing stock of active duty military branches.
This may be one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time.
I'm an Air Force veteran. I served during Operation Desert Storm/Desert Shield as an A.W.A.C.S. Crew Chief.
If you don't know what that is, I suggest you look it up since it's the backbone of staging wars by air.

ALL branches of the military are necessary and ALL branches of the military train together, fight together, and are ready to die together to save the soldier next to them, regardless of what uniform they wear.

We, as a country would not be able to invade and concur across the world without air superiority (Air Force).
We would not be able to defend and attack coastal regions without sea superiority (Navy-Coast Guard).
We would not be able to hold the territories we capture without land superiority (Army-Marines).

Instead of regurgitating bad information from the mid 1900's when Army Air split from the Army and became the Air Force, and Naval ground forces split from the Navy and became the Marines, by saying any branch of military is "the laughing stock"; this is just stupid.
The USA is the military power-house it is today because every branch does its job and does its job very well. We all need each other to succeed and the respect for the soldiers should be automatic.

Thank you OfftuneRZ for serving your country. We all appreciate it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Kobold

LEOPAZ!!

If you can get torpor to go with that spear do you just go AWOL and solo plat camps?

<3
Old 11-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pro-tip: Don't get married while in the military, that will only end in tears.
BEST LESSON I NEVER HAD TO LEARN THE HARD WAY
Old 11-09-2015, 05:20 PM
Large Rat

*Edit:

I meant to thank Leopaz for his service, but was not paying attention and typed OfftuneRZ by mistake; so thank you Leopaz.
However, if OfftuneRZ did in fact serve, I will still thank you as well.
Closed Thread