Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 02:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dakaries lol, i halfway thought you were shittalking drakaris somehow

C'MON MAN
after a night like this i am more over fixing typos than I am anything else in life. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2015, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

It is truly amazing that an event can anger people who play this shit like twice a week and the occasional holiday. This event was handled really, really badly. Christ, these are the kind of people who give Brad McQ free money.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:02 AM
Banned

Wtb ruby legs 450 pp
Old 11-01-2015, 06:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wtb ruby legs 450 pp
Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we basically sipped dakaries and pvped on red it was great.
now thats a man's drink
Old 11-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

Default Path of Thule Halloween event

I tried to create a thread about this after the event, but because I just registered, it wouldnt let me, so ill add my thoughts here.

I would like to thank the p99 staff and community for a really fun event. I thought the lore behind the event was fun, and it was awesome so see so many people involved. I figured an event like this doesnt happen say once a year or so, so why the hell not. I thought it was awesome so see so many people involved in a hectic mad dash for the npcs and items across norrath. I was in a group with a druid, and we inspired eachother to work together and helps others get the quest done, made alot of friends durring the event. I felt like that was the theme of the event, so we tried to cultivate that attitude and feeling with a little roleplaying of our own. By the time we made it to kael, it was apparent this was a real challenge - wich was great and refreshing imo.

We spent a long time in kael dragging corpses, and helping others get to the npc with invis and whatnot. It was fun. However by the time my whole group got the item and it was time to move to thurg for the FINAL ITEM - Im at the gates of thurg and get a server message that said (the npcs are diactivated , were sorry for the bad rewards). I honestly didnt expect any great rewards, just maybe a token or somthing to keep in the bank for the memories. It would have been one thing for the event to end in a lore-like manner such as (the mythical strange creature in kithicor has subsited to the nether realm! the quest givers spirits are fleeting! (maybe a time sensetive countdown or somthing) we will return again next year! ). But instead what we got was "were sorry the rewards were bad, we are pulling the plug". then it dawned on me that had i not spent so much time working with other people, and helping other players i would have completed the quest. I was in shock, not even upset, I just thought it was very strange - almost felt like an inside dev joke/troll. Anyway this isnt really a rant of flame, and im sorry the op title and message is stupid.

Like i said, i thought the event started out great, and the theme was working together on an epic journey. It was fun to carry that attitude throughout. But seriously, shame on you. Shame on you. This started great but was handled very poorly. Im all about the punishing intense difficult unforgiving eq style of play. But this is just bizarre. Verant had some cool events in the day, but nothing cruel or unusual like this. Anyway dont be afraid to respond to this post with somthing real or meaningful. I love the gms and everyone on the server. The community/staff is top notch, but i hope i havnt started playing on the tail end of that. Anyway have a wonderful weekend thanks for reading!

-knowmercy XOXO
Old 11-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

I missed last nights events because I was out hunting all day and was tired!!! WTF!!!! STUPID GAME!!!
Old 11-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Banned

What did you hunt?
Old 11-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we basically sipped dakaries and pvped on red it was great.
Of low intelligence. And fat.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfertal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What did you hunt?
If he tells you, everyone will start camping it.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now thats a man's drink
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread