Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Itemization is a huge problem in MMOs...EQ is no different. Top tier raid items replace most/all of the previous expansion. This really started to become an emerging pattern with luclin and then PoP. As a player, I found it tough to keep motivated on upgrading items that I knew would be upgraded again...and again...and again...with each full expansion that came out.

One thing that is somewhat unusual about classic (original to velious) EQ is how much stuff is not upgraded. There are more items in EQ that you need to keep carrying with you for situation purposes that never get replaced by simply larger stat items. Many of them are even acquired in low lvl questing and stay with you through the life of your character.

There was no stigma on having an item acquired at low lvl play/questing in your bags at max lvl and in full top tier raid gear. In fact, many of the coolest items (at least imo) are exactly that sort of thing. Not many other MMOs maintain that type of itemization for very long.
This is one of my favorite aspects about PvP in eq.. when you add pvp to the equation all sorts of weird items that were worthless on blue, become incredibly viable and relevant on red!

Wurmscale cloak, pre velious that would sell for the blue server equivalent of 20-25k!

Hallowed Bone Bracers, still a reason to go to Najina to grab yet another pair for an alt!

The BoTH is just throwaway on blue, ok not throwaway but on red its an easy 10k, sold immediately! (that is like 30k on blue whoah!)

Anyway, yea I love when items from classic hold their value on our box even into velious.. It bums me out even how Velious cuts the relevance of many great classic items in half.. I love how the hooded black cloak was like basically the best bang for your buck for most classes, so a totally good reason to hang out in MM with vampires and stuff..

the fucking Diamondine earring for cryin out loud is worth the camp until vel even!

yea I love classic items [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2015, 10:23 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought many of the quests were ~solved~ when players were reverse engineering the codes and looking for certain non-playing characters and phrases. Then they went back into the game and spammed combinations until something worked.
Then I used to hear tales of developers casually dropping huge hints to players that ran forums and whatnot, who then dropped the same hints to their fan base.
*shrugs*
^

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 10-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the fucking Diamondine earring for cryin out loud is worth the camp until vel even!
What you smoking? Orc fang earring destroys the value of that item with better stats and the fact it drops faster and easier. I can collect 6-10 of them in the time it would take to get 1 diamondine earring from Lasna.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

"until vel"...How many orc fang earrings did you farm before Velious released?
Old 10-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DETAILS, MY FRIENDS!

Asher
Old 10-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He said "until vel even", not "until vel". Please L2read
Old 10-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Orc

I still find it funny how there are hundreds of unsolved quests nobody has ever figured out yet. Last year or year before the old EQ devs were on a round table discussion of EQ or some shit at the EQNext thing, and they came out and said we had hundreds not solved yet or even know how to start them.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always loved how the quests in EQ were so abstract that there is just no way you could solve them like a puzzel.. take this one for example: http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Falchion

"find out where they deliver thier shit"

that's it.. that's the frickn clue..

thats the clue that's meant to get you to go out to the OOT and find a random ass ogre, kill him and his 2 guards, thats 3 mobs, all in there 20's
This is actually a fairly easy quest if you speak Teir'Dal (possibly also Orcish). Dvinn has a note for the prophet who has a note for Dvinn, and combined they tell you about the ogre drop thing.

Also, a dude.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you smoking? Orc fang earring destroys the value of that item with better stats and the fact it drops faster and easier. I can collect 6-10 of them in the time it would take to get 1 diamondine earring from Lasna.
Thats a velious item you halfwit.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He said "until vel even", not "until vel". Please L2read
Your bad attitude needa to learn how to read. Halfwit.
Closed Thread