Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Try Kedge entrance with an EB item and swim in circles. For some reason I always got skill ups very quickly there.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:14 PM
Aviak

Play in windowed mode and hold down left or right so your characters spins in circles, then click outside eq window and your char will stay spinning and level up while afk. You don't even need an eb item.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you just num locking into a wall? You won't skill up if that's what you're doing. You have to like do circular motions.
This actually still works as of a couple months ago, I skilled up 0-100 running up the corner wall at ancient croc camp in Guk. You just have to swim "up" the wall (your character will look like its hopping out of the water repeatedly).
Old 10-16-2015, 05:38 PM
Kobold

Practice swimming while waiting for a boat (Freeport, OT, Butcher, etc). Yes, wait for a boat now and then!

Double bonus - if you're a class that can levitate, or you can get a DMF/levitate cast on you, run in any water you can find while you travel. Especially if you must do the dreaded North Karana > West Karana > Qeynos Hills run for some reason. Head south, keep your feet below the water, and run all the way west with your feet below water. It actually gives some minor purpose to running thru that barren wasteland called West Karana.

Edit: Forgot another hidden bonus tucked away at the end of the world! Go to Everfrost and just run up and down the frozen river to the east. No levitate needed. You seriously get swimming skillups running over the frozen river.
Last edited by Borak; 10-16-2015 at 05:42 PM..
Old 10-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Kobold

I do not condone this or endorse it and am only posting because I found it amusing.

I recently installed EQ on a friends computer to play at their house for a bit. I forgot to delete lavastorm nek etc. I had logged out of Lava and when i logged back in it was the new zone set up. Perplexed as to what the hell was going on I ran around the zone trying to find Nek, Najena, SolA and B or the druid rings, to zone into or port out of. During the period of running around for 5 minutes before someone pointed out my error, my swimming had increased as if I were swimming instead of running the whole time.

The easiest way I trained swimming was to swim back and forth along Oasis shoreline during downtime (especially during high peak hours and mobs weren't always available).
Old 10-16-2015, 07:28 PM
Banned

vlassic
Old 10-16-2015, 08:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They nerfed swimming so it goes a lot slower than it used to (referring to back in 2010). Skill-ups every 10-20 minutes now...painful...
They nerfed swimming skill increases? I guess we can't have a server of over-powered "swimmers" running around and running it for others [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I too find swimming to be absurdly hard to increase compared to what it was on the original EQ servers.

One thing I don't understand is how there are two standards to how things are done on P1999:

1. Everything must be classic EQ
2. Rule 1 is null and void if we believe it needs to change
Old 10-16-2015, 08:24 PM
Banned

my sense heading is going up at the slowest rate on my most recent character, than it has ever... its like at (7) and been bound to my strafe left for like 20 levels... its weird.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:47 PM
Kobold

It is bugged, the rate of increase is confirmed not classic.

Just leave your toon on auto swim overnight.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Levitate + scale of wolf + autorun(swim) into a wall. You're looking at 5+ hours if I recall correctly last time I did it.

I did it in FV and also in the secret entrance to freeport there is a square water pit that works.
The more you know!
Closed Thread