Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 11:21 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hunting / Leveling Guides for Velious?

On wiki all players guides is on classic or Kunark spots.

Me not remember Velious well from live, can anyone help me find some hunting spots in Velious? Me 41 necro atm.

Or link some good guides please [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also me have question about faction in Velious, as necro me never think about raise some faction, but seems me need to raise some faction in Velious for armor? Maybe someone can help me choose faction?

Many thanks for help.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

For Velious factions, you basically pick what you want to hunt.

Hunting giants tend to have the most benefit because killing them raises both Coldain and Dragon (CoV) faction, which means that after a while you'll be non-kos to Thurgadin and Skyshrine, and Kael is easy to invis through. There is also almost always multiple exp groups in Kael. Various giants in Kael drop quest items for Thurgadin armor sets. You can also join a raid guild to hunt in "Halls of Testing" in Temple of Veeshan (without harming your dragon faction) to get quest items for Skyshrine armor sets.

If you want to hunt dwarves there's not much available in the way of loot (obvious exception: councilor necklaces) and there aren't usually exp groups in Icewell. They don't drop any quest items for armor.

If you want to hunt dragons in Western Wastes you can get some pretty good necklaces / quest items / spell drops, but it's not going to be as good exp as hunting in Kael. If you want to raid North Temple of Veeshan you'll get quest items for Kael armor sets, but this usually requires joining a raid guild.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

If you want a guide, here's the best most comprehensive Necromancer guide you'll find: http://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserdr...Strategy_Guide

It's extremely helpful, I recommend looking through it. The only thing missing is, of course, a Velious hunting guide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

I haven't leveled in Velious yet with a lvl 40 character, but I believe that Crystal Caverns (lower) is good at your level. Wakening Lands should have some stuff to camp too (Tar Goo? Panthers? Mercenaries? Holgresh?).
Old 10-15-2015, 05:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't leveled in Velious yet with a lvl 40 character, but I believe that Crystal Caverns (lower) is good at your level. Wakening Lands should have some stuff to camp too (Tar Goo? Panthers? Mercenaries? Holgresh?).

In the late 40s and throughout 50s you can kill Geonids. The XP ( as is the case for Wakening Lands ) is poo poo, but with a duo trio you can make 500+ PP per hour per person and they drop Armor gems.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Is the late 40s comment re: Geonids in CC or Geonids in WL?
Old 10-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the late 40s comment re: Geonids in CC or Geonids in WL?

WL
Closed Thread