Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 11:18 AM
Aviak

Trash
Old 10-13-2015, 11:27 AM
Banned

Every time I group with someone in <Wrecking Ball> (been probably 5-10 times now over the weeks on my Necro) someone in my group 100% of the time asks if the guild leader is Miley Cyrus....just an observation.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every time I group with someone in <Wrecking Ball> (been probably 5-10 times now over the weeks on my Necro) someone in my group 100% of the time asks if the guild leader is Miley Cyrus....just an observation.
I think we're on to something...
Old 10-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be curious to know what the Druid wanted with the camp. Farming Lego pads for an alt? If he were just after D'Vinn or something, he could have said so and avoided looking like a douche :/ Whether it falls within the pnp or not, it's a shit move to pull on lowbies and he should be ashamed.
My guess would be dragoon dirks for WC caps
Old 10-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My guess would be dragoon dirks for WC caps
should just spawn the one in WC by killing kizdean. he pops along the desert and drops dirk a lot.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be curious to know what the Druid wanted with the camp. Farming Lego pads for an alt? If he were just after D'Vinn or something, he could have said so and avoided looking like a douche :/ Whether it falls within the pnp or not, it's a shit move to pull on lowbies and he should be ashamed.
This right here. Shit move whether or not it's allowed.

Thank you for informing our community about this bad apple OP. There are many players out there who enjoy playing this game WITH others and when you point out incidents like this it makes it clear who we should not be playing with.

Don't let anyone tell you that the squeeky wheel doesn't get the clean. Minsc and Boo know what I'm talkin' about.

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Last edited by Ingrum; 10-13-2015 at 02:25 PM..
Old 10-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Xaiterlyn's a Ranger, not a Druid. He's not an especially good one and after doing a lot of farming of the Hermit and then Groi Gutblade in South Karana, he's burned out and was talking about making a different character. To be useful to groups, or something. My guess is he took the camp to farm belts and pads for the intended alt.

As previously mentioned, a camp on this server has to be broken so that full respawns aren't present AND a player is present to maintain the camp. One or more players can be AFK during the respawns time period - you just can't let the camp get to full respawns and then leave them sitting there.

The CB Keep group didn't do the above, so it was fair game. It was shitty of him since he has a leveled toon that could just buy the belts and pads, but then again the ranger is only in his early - mid 30's so it's not like it would feel good to pay 3pp a belt and 5 or 6pp a pad with the cash camps he could access. Camping them instead of paying those costs WAS the smarter move.

Flame away.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 10-13-2015 at 02:26 PM..
Old 10-13-2015, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

I don't see the logic in teaching lowbies and newbies that this is how we treat each other in our community. It could also be said that if the big picture is taken into consideration, it was the dumber move.

We're all in this nostalgia together.

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Old 10-13-2015, 02:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see the logic in teaching lowbies and newbies that this is how we treat each other in our community. It could also be said that if the big picture is taken into consideration, it was the dumber move.
Very well said.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Fire Giant

When I said it was the smarter move, I meant in terms of his shelling out plat vs. what he could earn through his own means. I completely agree that encouraging newer players to get their belts and pads and get their starting money and having fun doing it is the RIGHT thing - hence my saying 'it was a shitty thing to do'.

Perhaps it would be a lot less of an issue if higher level players would stop busting out the big wallets in Gfay with shouts of "4pp / belt and 8pp / pad" that happens periodically. From the perspective of players that can no longer level in CB, it IS turning it into a cash farm camp. Sort of like how we see players in their mid 20's going Anon or Roleplay in Lfay with the sister camp farming bronze at zero Exp while waiting for a group in Mistmoore. It's sickening.
Closed Thread