Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 03:58 PM
Kobold

Default Customer Service You Can Count On

Hi All,

I hope Velious is going well. I never did get a final solution for my petition thread, and it was finally closed with no comments received. Pretty good customer service. If you can follow it along, it is below.

I PM'd Sirken multiple times as well, no response of course.

Miss you all,

Nothxu

(Flag) Nothxu - Need Items Back - From July 2014

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related to the following threads:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=166554

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=166191

Derubael's comments were below:

1) Nothxu gave you info to another one of his accounts, and that was how you 'hacked' into his main account.

2) No, you can't just swipe shit off other peoples accounts. Why would this be ok? Go read the section of the PnP covering fraud. It has broad sweeping definitions left purposely vague so that it covers situations like this

3) Gyno doesn't have nothxu's AoN, he was trolling.

4) GM's can't play characters on either server. Neither myself nor Sirken ever had toons on Red guilded in any major guild.

5) Bullshit like this is the reason why I've stopped offering CSR support for Red except for item poofs/database look-ups. It's not worth putting up with anymore when every decision we make turns into a shitshow, even when following policy.

To all the legitimate people on Red 99, you still have CSR support from our Guides and Sirken, you just won't see me around.

If nothxu is still around, I'll talk with Sirken about getting his stuff back that you stole. Ultimately I'm going to leave it up to him, so that you can all flame him for the decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael
I still have reservations about restoring this. On the one hand, you were technically "hacked", though in reality we don't really consider someone social engineering your password from you a hack. On the other, you didn't give anyone explicit access to your account. But if you hadn't shared your password, this wouldn't have happened.

Give me a day to think it over and I'll get back to you. And you had better change all your passwords to something unique not used anywhere else and never give anyone access to your accounts again - if it happens a second time, I won't even give your request the time of day.

04-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Eunomia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related thread: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=167345

04-29-2015, 12:07 PM
Nothxu

Please review this

05-21-2015, 12:55 PM
Nothxu

What else can I do?

05-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Eunomia

Nothing more than wait, I'm afraid.

05-27-2015, 04:14 PM
Nothxu

Thanks for the response. Hopefully it will get reviewed before Velious comes out

06-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Nothxu

Little bump here for whoever. Approaching my one year anniversary!

If you look at it, thank you very much.

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2015, 04:00 PM
Banned

i hope you stay banned for ever
logged into my character at work just so i can watch her spin around in circles
right now she's spinning
how about that
Old 09-17-2015, 04:03 PM
Banned

Heres a tip, guides and gms here recieve thousands of petitions from snotnosed shitbags and give 0 fucks about them.

Dont share your stuff youll be fine
Old 09-17-2015, 04:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothxu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi All,

I hope Velious is going well. I never did get a final solution for my petition thread, and it was finally closed with no comments received. Pretty good customer service. If you can follow it along, it is below.

I PM'd Sirken multiple times as well, no response of course.

Miss you all,

Nothxu

(Flag) Nothxu - Need Items Back - From July 2014

Related to the following threads:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=166554

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=166191

Derubael's comments were below:

1) Nothxu gave you info to another one of his accounts, and that was how you 'hacked' into his main account.

2) No, you can't just swipe shit off other peoples accounts. Why would this be ok? Go read the section of the PnP covering fraud. It has broad sweeping definitions left purposely vague so that it covers situations like this

3) Gyno doesn't have nothxu's AoN, he was trolling.

4) GM's can't play characters on either server. Neither myself nor Sirken ever had toons on Red guilded in any major guild.

5) Bullshit like this is the reason why I've stopped offering CSR support for Red except for item poofs/database look-ups. It's not worth putting up with anymore when every decision we make turns into a shitshow, even when following policy.

To all the legitimate people on Red 99, you still have CSR support from our Guides and Sirken, you just won't see me around.

If nothxu is still around, I'll talk with Sirken about getting his stuff back that you stole. Ultimately I'm going to leave it up to him, so that you can all flame him for the decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael
I still have reservations about restoring this. On the one hand, you were technically "hacked", though in reality we don't really consider someone social engineering your password from you a hack. On the other, you didn't give anyone explicit access to your account. But if you hadn't shared your password, this wouldn't have happened.

Give me a day to think it over and I'll get back to you. And you had better change all your passwords to something unique not used anywhere else and never give anyone access to your accounts again - if it happens a second time, I won't even give your request the time of day.

04-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Eunomia

Related thread: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=167345

04-29-2015, 12:07 PM
Nothxu

Please review this

05-21-2015, 12:55 PM
Nothxu

What else can I do?

05-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Eunomia

Nothing more than wait, I'm afraid.

05-27-2015, 04:14 PM
Nothxu

Thanks for the response. Hopefully it will get reviewed before Velious comes out

06-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Nothxu

Little bump here for whoever. Approaching my one year anniversary!

If you look at it, thank you very much.

Closed Thread
wow that is sad really considering what derubael we know what derubael was doing now (locking peoples accounts for small offenses then selling their gear on redguides)
Old 09-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

you're not a customer

thanks for playing
Old 09-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothxu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I never did get a final solution for my petition thread, and it was finally closed with no comments received.
Fuck, just had my petition closed a week ago with no comments, not looking good...
Old 09-17-2015, 04:16 PM
Banned

no hair dont care

godbless
Old 09-17-2015, 04:19 PM
Kobold

All good bros, I just want to make sure people have a good idea of what to expect if they ever need the GMs for anything. I spent a lot of time on the server, and this is how I was treated.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2015, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

I've had a lot of positive experiences with P99 staff over the years, had to wait here and there but they always came around and tried their best to make fair decisions.

Shout outs to Zade and Derupal my favorite homeboys from the staff, never gonna forget the light show in MM or the hours of fun in unrest pals

Pras