Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have 52 Bard and have never swarmed, not even once - Can confirm the Bard hate is alive and well. I am treated like a second class citizen when LFG in KC. I think I am going to try to learn to swarm so I can make the fat plat PLing once I get the 54 AoE Snare...You people drive Bards to swarming with the min/max/hybrid hate. Look in the mirror and you will see the true criminals.
They drove me to the dark side. You people with your ideas of hybrid exp justice and your notion of camps. YOU DREW FIRST BLOOD
Old 09-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've grouped with some great bards in KC.... Jsin, Chantuer (sp?), and Graftix. Not sure who is giving you the hate in KC as most groups I've been in are happy to have a bard.

Ive grouped with all these people too.

Bards are great, especially when you have no enchanters available.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Blue community fucking sucks, too.
This is not inaccurate.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:50 AM
Kobold

I think the "first come first serve" mindset in BW is one that you can argue against by server rules, but if you want to be a bard that swarms you should abide by it. At 56, I get 2 blue bubs or so on a pull of all of BW, so if someone else is about the same level doing the same thing it's a waste of time for both of us. A swarm of 40 mobs takes the same amount of time as 80.

I think if you are a bard in BW and want to be a decent human being, the following two things are super helpful:

1. Don't play /role or /anon. Yesterday a dude got killed trying to respond to me asking if he was swarming. I felt a little bad, but had he just owned that he was a bard pulling a zone no one would have minded. No one on this server is trying to level off hornets/skellies/apes that isn't a bard (or if they are, they aren't doing it often).

2. Respect other bards. If someone is in zone already, send them a tell asking to let you know when they leave. If you are in the zone and someone enters, politely ask them to leave. If they don't, they are terrible. Maybe send them a tell asking to go every other, but that sucks.

It sucks that the community hates us because some bards are pretty awful people, but we shouldn't treat each other (or the community) the same way back. We pull whole zones, and when the zone are empty, it's fine. We should be able to do it with some level of politeness towards each other.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:11 AM
Fire Giant

Wipe it clean
Old 09-15-2015, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMartigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the "first come first serve" mindset in BW is one that you can argue against by server rules, but if you want to be a bard that swarms you should abide by it. At 56, I get 2 blue bubs or so on a pull of all of BW, so if someone else is about the same level doing the same thing it's a waste of time for both of us. A swarm of 40 mobs takes the same amount of time as 80.

I think if you are a bard in BW and want to be a decent human being, the following two things are super helpful:

1. Don't play /role or /anon.
Yesterday a dude got killed trying to respond to me asking if he was swarming. I felt a little bad, but had he just owned that he was a bard pulling a zone no one would have minded. No one on this server is trying to level off hornets/skellies/apes that isn't a bard (or if they are, they aren't doing it often).

2. Respect other bards. If someone is in zone already, send them a tell asking to let you know when they leave. If you are in the zone and someone enters, politely ask them to leave. If they don't, they are terrible. Maybe send them a tell asking to go every other, but that sucks.

It sucks that the community hates us because some bards are pretty awful people, but we shouldn't treat each other (or the community) the same way back. We pull whole zones, and when the zone are empty, it's fine. We should be able to do it with some level of politeness towards each other.
If more necros, mages, other camp classes did this at camps it would save a lot of wasted journeys and prevent you losing part of what you're camping in some instances.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:15 PM
Skeleton

After playing on this server I've noticed a few things VS actual classic:

Playing a Paladin/SK/Ranger back in the day (I remember, I played one from '99-02/03ish). Sure you were heckled, but not denied groups due to min maxing. People back then just wanted XP. Now you were denied groups if word got around that you sucked. I've seen this happen to many monks/enchanters/clerics/wizards. But because of some Hybrid XP penalty? Not a chance...and we knew even knew about even back then too.

Bards. I've never seen Bards played the way they are being played now. Pulling an entire zone and pinching away at the entire zones worth of mobs for an hour. I do remember it was quite a site to see a bard kiting 6, 7, 8 mobs. Not 30 or 40. On is not like the other here. Obviously one doesn't interfere with others like the other either. We can blame it on the tech or whatever. I believe it's the EQ's mindset nowadays. Make a toon, get to max level ASAP so you can farm for plat.

Classic had a sense of community. MMO's nowadays, that includes P99 and Live, are more about what can I solo/box. What will level me the fastest. So Paladins/SKs/Rangers are already excluded (with the few exceptions out there that really don't care). That would include the people who just roll bards because the server promotes soloing anyway...may as well solo the whole zone, eh.....all at once.

I don't know. People say MMO's aren't the same. But I feel the MMO community isn't either. That's why we have a "classic" server forcing group centric classes (Paladin/SK/Ranger) to solo because of a design flaw, and a bunch of Bards soloing to 60. I guess things will look up for the Hybrids here soon, but that still doesn't change the mindset.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynheart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After playing on this server I've noticed a few things VS actual classic:

Playing a Paladin/SK/Ranger back in the day (I remember, I played one from '99-02/03ish). Sure you were heckled, but not denied groups due to min maxing. People back then just wanted XP. Now you were denied groups if word got around that you sucked. I've seen this happen to many monks/enchanters/clerics/wizards. But because of some Hybrid XP penalty? Not a chance...and we knew even knew about even back then too.

Classic had a sense of community. MMO's nowadays, that includes P99 and Live, are more about what can I solo/box. What will level me the fastest. So Paladins/SKs/Rangers are already excluded (with the few exceptions out there that really don't care). That would include the people who just roll bards because the server promotes soloing anyway...may as well solo the whole zone, eh.....all at once.
There is a place without class discrimination and a greater sense of community. Where players are invited to groups regardless of class or skill or gear and where bards invite others to join in the xp rain of their swarm kites ^^ PM me if curious. Some folks here get rustled if you discuss it openly.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a place without class discrimination and a greater sense of community. Where players are invited to groups regardless of class or skill or gear and where bards invite others to join in the xp rain of their swarm kites ^^ PM me if curious. Some folks here get rustled if you discuss it openly.
Oh come *on*.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 09-15-2015, 01:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This + it'll be even worse because there will be more bards doing it since all you need is a cloth tunic and vendor instruments.
Who needs a cloth tunic? Go naked!
Closed Thread