Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 12:59 PM
Large Rat

Default Rogue Epic: Stanos turn ins question

Hello.

Is it still possible to sneak turn in the parchments and such to Stanos(on Red), or will I need to re faction with Carson Mcabe? I'm getting some mixed answers from folks in /ooc. Some say sneak turn ins have been patched in, others say it hasn't. I did however attempt to turn the pouch in to Anson to spawn Stanos, and he ate my pouch, which leads me to believe that it won't work.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2015, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

The reason your pouch got eaten is because that method to spawn Stanos is bugged on this server. I've run about... 15 rogue epics, the majority done on both of my rogues being KoS due to Stanos being a racist jerk or otherwise holding a grudge about me killing him ~20 times.

The only way to spawn Stanos on P99 is to say the key words "I need to see Stanos" to Anson, while sneaking / uninvis and then mashing hide or having someone else spawn him for you. See the DE rogue thread for more on this.

But yes, sneak turn ins work. Sneak behind him. Have hide off. Having both on will break both and ruin your day. Don't speak to him. Just give him the stuff and he'll give you your item and despawn. Not that you're likely to live for more than a second if you screw this up on this particular fellow, but always check /con for indifferent when doing a sneak turn in for any quest. Scowl / threating cons (or otherwise wrong faction) will eat your items.

Get comfortable doing this. Being able to quest, bank, and shop KoS is a rogue class advantage, and spawning the General in Kithicor requires a sneak turn in as well.
Last edited by Cecily; 09-13-2015 at 11:21 PM..
Old 09-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for the reply! I'd actually(just after making my post, of course) found the other thread with the DE rogue asking pretty much the same questions. I wasn't aware that the pouch to spawn stanos was bugged, and at the time assumed that trying to speak to Anson to spawn Stanos would surely get me aggro even if sneaking, so I never tried. But went back yesterday and it sure enough did! now I'm currently sitting at the book+parchment turn in part in my epic. Thanks a lot for the quick responses, I was getting a lot of mixed info in /ooc and didn't want to risk Stanos eating my parchments.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

As Cecily pointed out, the dicey part is mashing that "Hide" key fast enough after you say "I need to see Stanos". If Stanos sees you, you're toast. Hide+Sneaking up to Stanos, then unHiding when behind him should work fine for any item turn ins. Prob don't need to con him at that point, because successful sneak means you're
still alive...;-)

I also used the sneak turn-in for Eldreth who hated me, but it looks like
you are past that part. I'm at same point as you. Need the book of souls to give
to Yendar.

Good luck!
Old 10-25-2015, 08:56 PM
Fire Giant

Saw this thread and since im having some issues atm with Anson figured this was best threat to ask on. Do you have to be 50 for Anson to spawn Stanos or is it possible to trigger him at say 47? I am amiably to Anson but he still tells me to get lost when I speak with him. Is this due to level or because my faction isnt high enough?
Old 10-26-2015, 06:01 AM
Fire Giant

I spawned him yesterday as a 50 with kindly faction. I read you have to be 50, but it could be faction related. Information isn't always accurate on the internet...
Old 10-26-2015, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

Yes, 50 is the minimum level to spawn Stanos. I'm not sure about faction but I'm KOS and used sneak to spawn him for a guildie, so at least you need indifferent as far as I know.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saw this thread and since im having some issues atm with Anson figured this was best threat to ask on. Do you have to be 50 for Anson to spawn Stanos or is it possible to trigger him at say 47? I am amiably to Anson but he still tells me to get lost when I speak with him. Is this due to level or because my faction isnt high enough?
If you are kindly to him, then must be your level OR you said the wrong phrase. Stanos can be spawned with indiff. Never tried to spawn Stanos < 50 myself.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Doesn't have a faction check. You just have to be level 50+ and a rogue.
Closed Thread