Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

FREE REDWJAMZ HES THE ONLY THING THATS BEEN GOOD FOR THIS SERVER LATELy
Old 08-27-2015, 02:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FREE REDWJAMZ HES THE ONLY THING THATS BEEN GOOD FOR THIS SERVER LATELy
calm your bergers braknar already said he's gonna b freed
Old 08-27-2015, 03:03 AM
Aviak

that guy is a fucking tool
Old 08-27-2015, 04:02 AM
Kobold

It would be different if RedWJamz was a frequent donater, but you can kinda assume from context that hes not. Complaining about something that's free being slow... its pretty trashy, IMO... I guess maybe he has a tiny bit of a point about not wanting to see the staff let things rot, but that's not something you fix with angry criticism.

He kept bringing up that P99 made more money than he did. Lets assume he's right... so fucking what? What does that have to do with anything? RedWJamz isn't paying for top tier server hosting, data replication, bandwidth, etc... and I'm pretty sure legally they cant pay the GMs or it wont be "non-profit" anymore (thus not legal). It's completely irrelevant and he keeps repeating it over and over.

Rogean was kind of a dick in the stream chat (but I dont really blame him)

And yeah, I dont know why Braknar wasted his time saying "yeah that happens" instead of just doing a quick fix? It was a valid petition...
Old 08-27-2015, 06:07 AM
Planar Protector

this game is a little.. ban happy
Old 08-27-2015, 06:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this game is a little.. ban happy
The fact that they so aggressively police boxing and RMT on this server is one of the reasons the project is as good as it is. Most of what sucks and is toxic about this box comes from the players, not the staff.

Red is a cesspool because of the players that dwell there.

Blue with its queues is a joke because of the neckbeards willing to shit in a Pringles can for pixels.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-27-2015, 07:01 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braknar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, when I do a wave like this I have a list of like 50 accounts. To get on that list, we're already pretty damn confident that something is fishy. I just don't have an easy way to check each and every account to see if they are online before I ban.

And as I mentioned, if they've made it this far it's likely something is fishy.

Then, I set aside about 2 hours of my time, and I do the ban wave. For the next 2 hours I'm literally spamming refresh in the petitions forum for any possible false positives.

We are human, we do make mistakes, and I try to undo any false bans as quickly as possible.

http://www.twitch.tv/redwjamz/v/12676362?t=40:10
Cool, you linked the video in which you see the Clue guy paying for his SHM epic MQ. You can even see them doing the fight right before that in that video... And them talking about it the whole time. He explains the whole situation. Lol
Old 08-27-2015, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that they so aggressively police boxing and RMT on this server is one of the reasons the project is as good as it is. Most of what sucks and is toxic about this box comes from the players, not the staff.

Red is a cesspool because of the players that dwell there.

Blue with its queues is a joke because of the neckbeards willing to shit in a Pringles can for pixels.

Played both boxes blue before red opened. Blue was a far bigger cesspool, especially the end game.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:30 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He kept bringing up that P99 made more money than he did. Lets assume he's right... so fucking what? What does that have to do with anything? RedWJamz isn't paying for top tier server hosting, data replication, bandwidth, etc... and I'm pretty sure legally they cant pay the GMs or it wont be "non-profit" anymore (thus not legal).
Non-profit organizations pay their employees, otherwise they wouldn't exist. Pretty sure they just stay in the black and don't become a "profitable" company with a ton of overhead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yeah, I dont know why Braknar wasted his time saying "yeah that happens" instead of just doing a quick fix? It was a valid petition...
This is my experience with Braknar, he responds to petitions faster than say Aussier, but bans first asks questions later, even if you're in game and he un-bans you 30 minutes later.

He also likes to share way too much on why people were banned on streams and in the forums, obviously it was for this "possible" RMT which right in the video he linked the whole situation is explained. (At least this one sided 30k transaction)

I think if the staff went with original EQ's stance of "there are no camps in EQ" (I was told this on live 2 or 3 times and never bothered petitioning again about it, just worried about FTE) they would save themselves a lot of time and could just robo-close those petitions with that response.

They could then go in more depth researching actual issues and bans and maybe send you a tell when you're IN GAME and on the character or account in question.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:15 AM
Sarnak

I imagine it has a lot less to do with this being a non-for-profit and a lot more to do with the fact that they don't hold any legal control over the EQ material. The fact that DBG recently worked with them on stuff doesn't necessarily mean they can start offering a paid service in the game. Right now they use the donated money to maintain hardware that can be used for any purpose; using that money to pay for service (which has exactly one purpose) would be a very grey area that they likely aren't interested in crossing into.

* Note: I only play a lawyer on P99 forums.
Closed Thread