Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

Default Error in your GUI XML files.. great timing

*disclaimer I'm on a macbook pro*

So, today when I went to log in, i got to the char screen, and instead of my characters i get the naked human dude telling me i need to update files blah blah. So I go to the p99 home page and find the updated link from the debs post. I downloaded v37 it and dropped it into my p99 directory. Upon opening P99 again I get the Error in your GUI XML files message on a black screen. This is what my UIError Log showed.

UIErrorLog created at Sat Aug 01 18:47:11 2015
[Sat Aug 01 18:47:11 2015] Warning: file EQLSUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\default\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Sat Aug 01 18:47:11 2015] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\default\EQLSUI.xml
[Sat Aug 01 18:47:11 2015] Error reading XML.
[Sat Aug 01 18:47:11 2015] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
[Sat Aug 01 18:47:11 2015] Warning: file EQLSUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\default\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Sat Aug 01 18:47:11 2015] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\default\EQLSUI.xml
[Sat Aug 01 18:47:11 2015] Error reading XML.

I tried re-downloading the new files and dropping them again. No avail. I saw an older thread with a similar problem from 2014 that said just trashing DSetup.dll and adding it back in from the new files might fix. nope.

Somebody please tell me this isn't going to mean I need to find a new eqtitanium and reinstall this whole thing again. It's a nightmare on a mac, obviously lol

Thanks!

Asher
Old 08-02-2015, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

find the default skin folder from a backup or other installation and paste it back in

sounds like you didn't merge v37 and instead overwrote that folder, losing a bunch of files in it
Old 08-02-2015, 01:30 AM
Fire Giant

that use to happen to my game on my mac.

I solved by patching my Windows PC then copying appropriate files from patch pc p1999 folder into my Mac p1999 WINE folder.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 08-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
find the default skin folder from a backup or other installation and paste it back in

sounds like you didn't merge v37 and instead overwrote that folder, losing a bunch of files in it
what is the default skin folder? I've got an unaltered EQTitanium backup. What files do I need to add back in?

So in other words, I need to make sure I don't just throw the entire folder into my p99 directory. Instead I need to put the individual files into their respect folders within the directory?

Asher
Old 08-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Ok, so I fixed the issue. I went to my p99 backup, grabbed the UIFiles folder, and threw it in my P99 game folder to replace it altogether. Bang

Thanks!

Asher
Old 08-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Nice, glad to see you got it working. Not the best of time for it to screw up like you said. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread