Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

feel bad for anyone who would actually care if their emu characters were deleted via server wipe lol
Old 06-25-2015, 12:40 PM
Banned

5 pages of naw
Old 06-25-2015, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of all of the people in R99, including mace boy, you are legitimately the one that scares the shit out of me and I would be afraid to meet in real life, because you are without a doubt in my mind, literally insane.

PS. Casey is a druid and he never plays that character. Captain Insano.
Atleast I don't post pictures of my sisters tits and say it was my wife that would be crazy.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycled Children [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server wipes are for low t betas.
Alphas don't worry one way or the other because they come out on top no matter what.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

A wipe is at best a short term fix for whatever it is that people think is not working.

Pretty much everything would end up being the same in 3,6,12 months and then people would be asking for another wipe.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

but wut if rogean accidentally spills milk on the server
Old 06-25-2015, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

If you were a real man you'd simulate a wipe like Chewie instead of posting about it.

RIP in peace Chewie
Old 06-25-2015, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr0ss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm saying wipe it clean due to the fact as a new player to red (relatively speaking as I don't have anything of note and I'm only a 55 cleric) I am having a horrible time trying to get anything going. There are so many burned out people across the board, so many people full of distrust, the politics are just absurd and its basically going to cause the population to cannibalize itself eventually. I can't get groups, trying to find a guild that doesn't immediately think I'm some sort of scam artist or someone trying to "play them" or from a warring guild with a ton of history or whatever.... it's fucking nuts. The 50+ game on red is absurd right now unless you're in with the old boys crowd. I've been trying for days to get some xp groups together but it's hard as fuck. Let alone trying to get help with things I need done (HS key, new gear) and farming for gear? Forget about it.

Everyone always has an alt at the ready to log in and snatch it away, or it goes to the "guild" you're grouped with since you're the newbie and you can't say shit anyway. Almost makes me want to ninja it and be that guy, but that's a bannable offense.

That said, I am sure Velious will breathe some life into it for a bit. Who is to say, really... but I just feel like a wipe would be so damn beneficial to the overall health of the server. New names, anonymity for those who want it, a chance to start fresh, everyone on the same page. New alliances will form, etc.

But, I saw that thread someone linked of the admin of the servers (Rogean?) stating there will never be a wipe, so tough titties I guess. Oh well.
Is ninja'ing really a bannable offense? lol wtf... Velious wont change shit, server forever tainted by toxic old guard. Id say a wipe would be good cuz it would make these people whove clocked in 10,000 hours in the last 4 years quit but id be wrong.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:18 PM
Aviak

Terrible idea. I will never support wiping. It's dumb and only suits those who were banned/late to the server or didn't take advantage of the really early days. People are going to sploit, mq, rmt, and play like turds no matter how many times you wipe.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:27 PM
Banned

changing the game to have a monthly sub, would be almost the same as a wipe

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread