Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 03:36 AM
Sarnak

I agree with Hezron, do a little bit of black smithing and make yourself some javelins for further range.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Forged_Javelin
Old 06-23-2015, 07:50 AM
Large Bat

I sometimes pull with chant, and the blacksmithing option seems like a valuable alternative (especially in BW where there are groups of 4-5 skellies that aren't social), but I rely on good ol' punching. It's not the most efficient method, but I'm just about 55 now and my defense, dodge and offense are all 180+. Something that kiting bards struggle with is getting their skills up once they're a higher level. Twist in Hymn of Restoration (and later the Niv's something spell) along with Selo's and punch to pull!
Old 06-25-2015, 12:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saludeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. I never DC'd but one night I kept getting hit and died 5 times in a row. My group probably thought I was a terrible bard but I knew I was doing it right. I had to reset my router to fix it. Never happened again for some reason.
For me, the lvl ding is my kryptonite. Almost every time I ding my comp stutters just enough for the swarm to catch me and one hit me. Soooo annoying.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlid74 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For me, the lvl ding is my kryptonite. Almost every time I ding my comp stutters just enough for the swarm to catch me and one hit me. Soooo annoying.
Lol, everytime I dinged it made me jump and move my mouse. Somehow I survived 3 times despite flicking right into the mobs. I turned my sound off while kiting after that.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saludeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, everytime I dinged it made me jump and move my mouse. Somehow I survived 3 times despite flicking right into the mobs. I turned my sound off while kiting after that.
Haha I thought I was the only one. Anytime I ding in the middle of a swarm it scares the crap out of me makes me jump too. I just keep an eye on my exp bar now if I'm close to dinging.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I did OT from 19 and I'm 46 now, with a brief pause in LOIO from 25 to 30, where should I go ? BW ?
still naked, so preferably a place I can make pp too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kileras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I switched to using a GameCube controller, and now I am in heaven.
Please elaborate
Old 07-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by assazzin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did OT from 19 and I'm 46 now, with a brief pause in LOIO from 25 to 30, where should I go ? BW ?
still naked, so preferably a place I can make pp too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should get 48 and selo dot before you hit BW or it will take you an eternity to take out the swarm. Hit DL for a couple of levels.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should get 48 and selo dot before you hit BW or it will take you an eternity to take out the swarm. Hit DL for a couple of levels.
god after OT for quite a while, DL seems dangerous, but so easy to pull numerous mobs ! the 48 pbae has the same range as the level 2 ?
Old 07-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Large Bat

Yeah, the PBAoE is the same range as the level 2 spell. The upside is that if you land all 3 you should be doing around 100 per tick which is impressive when you're hitting 50+ mobs.